Sign in to follow this  
ankomen2

Strange noise that disappears after power reset. Help needed!

Hello guys, I have done a lot of digging. My camera is DVR connected through CAT5. I get strange lines that don't differ from night or day mode. After I reset the power going to the camera everything gets fixed but after a day or so I still get the problem. I tried changing the 2 baluns, tried a new cable, and still nothing(the camera is mounted on a wooden strut). The camera gets a steady 13.7V. The other cameras don't have that problem. The problem gets progressively worse with time. The only other that I didn't try was changing the cameras.

272372132_427275889133846_4614182927086068857_n.jpg

Hi can be a number of things 

type of balun

how many pairs for balun

how many pairs for power

cable length 

13v is fine but it’s amps you need to be looking at

55 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi can be a number of things 

type of balun

how many pairs for balun

how many pairs for power

cable length 

13v is fine but it’s amps you need to be looking at

The camera was working fine for like a year. I haven't changed anything before it broke. I tried the baluns on my other cameras and they are working.

Ok but you still have a problem

so if you need help it’s better to just answer the questions ….. we can’t see your system so questions are important 

The balun - HDCVI Balun, Model DH-PFM800-4MP

4 pairs of power including the DVR - I have 5 cameras (2 baluns per camera, one at the camera and one at the dvr)

The cable is about 30 meters long.

Ams 0.15-0.16 on the 20m setting. At first, it jumps to 1.5 then it settles.

Ok so your baluns are on 24v

43 minutes ago, ankomen2 said:

Ams 0.15-0.16 on the 20m setting. At first, it jumps to 1.5 then it settles.

0.15 0.16 is too low unless you did test under load 

what size is your power supply

Ok …. So that balun is not needed it’s a balun and inverter and your no we’re near 300 to be using them

if you only on 12V then I would swap out that balun for a standard HD balun and chop off your rj45 plugs

What is the difference between that balun and a standard one(wouldn't my balun be a better quality)? What do you mean chop off. I have 4 more cameras that work great do I gotta do it to them two.

8 minutes ago, ankomen2 said:

What is the difference between that balun and a standard one(wouldn't my balun be a better quality)? What do you mean chop off. I have 4 more cameras that work great do I gotta do it to them two.

No your baluns are not installed right the dahua long distance hence 24v with 12v output 

no need for that type of balun so cut off rj45 for that one camera makes it easier to run standard baluns

I have another camera that is 50 meters long and I have those baluns. Why is she working ok? Help me understand I am kinda new to that.

It can be anything from cable run environment….. baluns could be on way out and it sounds like your only using one 12v 5 amp power supply and this alone is all so a problem 

balun for your setup should be 1 pair for video and 2 pair for power

yes what you have is working but now giving you problems so you may as well fix your system the right way 

your baluns are 24v in 12v out wrong baluns

So right now my setup is  2 pairs of that rj45 cables are for power and only 1 pair for video. The power supply is one 12V 5amps 4ch. So I need to find baluns for 12V

3 hours ago, ankomen2 said:

So right now my setup is  2 pairs of that rj45 cables are for power and only 1 pair for video. The power supply is one 12V 5amps 4ch. So I need to find baluns for 12V

No. That is not your setup…. But how it should be 

no you don’t look for 12v baluns …. You just need standard HD baluns

you only need power baluns for long distance which is why there 24v powered

something like this is all you need

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273595641495

This is my setup at the power supply. The blue and white are my negative and brown and white are my positive. Same down at the cameras. I will buy one pair of those baluns. I hope it works

272767101_353198613316352_3180956077883767149_n.jpg

272635616_459753685636274_279998676386851249_n.jpg

17 hours ago, ankomen2 said:

The balun - HDCVI Balun, Model DH-PFM800-4MP

4 pairs of power including the DVR - I have 5 cameras (2 baluns per camera, one at the camera and one at the dvr)

So which is the right information because none of yours makes sense 

your picture shows   Cheap baluns ….. not pfm800  as you have listed 

I can only see 4 baluns in your picture but you have 6 things connected to your 5amp power supply which is only a 4 zone power supply 

I’m going to guess ….. are you running your dvr off the same power supply ?

Ok … now let’s do some simple sums 

12v 5amp power supply

cameras over your length I would say 1amp to 1.5 amp for allowing for IR 

5x 1.5 = 7.5 amp 

you also have your dvr connected to the same power supply

DVR needs between 2.1 and 2.5 amp 

mans you never run a dvr off the saner power supply to start with …..all DVRs come with there own power supply

so in total you have 10amp on a 5 amp power supply 

so I would start fixing these problems first as you have too many faults to start with 

and a fire risk 

I put the DVR on its factory brick to the wall. This is the result - almost the same. The lines flicker a lot but the picture occasionally fixes itself. I don't get why after a power restart on the camera It works fine for a day or two.

272840603_919291372111618_4636884589246226639_n.jpg

1 hour ago, ankomen2 said:

I don't get why after a power restart on the camera It works fine for a day or two.

It’s simple …… as you are using power components under spec yes it might work for a while …. But it’s running hot to cope with the demand it’s not rated for

Running hot to cope with demand, but why does only one camera suffer (I tried changing the power supply channels). So now I need to change the baluns and it will presumably be fixed. This was done by some guy 5 years ago and I don't why he didn't buy a second UPS system.