IanG

Unwanted Reflection

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post in the forum, so apologies for any rules I might break.

I have a single camera CCTV system set up in a ground floor rented property. I am not allowed to drill holes or modify any of the property fabric.

I currently use a Mini CCTV Cameras 420TVL Indoor Bullet Security Camera Sony CCD Pinhole 2.8mm Lens on a SPRO DVR.

The camera position leaves a gap between it and the window glass, allowing massive reflection haze as illustrated on the attached file.

The camera can NOT be fixed to the outside of the building, and repositioning is very limited within the property.

Can anyone provide a remedy for this, or suggest a camera that will reduce or eliminate the haze?

Thank you,

Ian

capture_099_11022022_174705.jpg

Hi  cameras never work properly looking out of glass windows

do you have a light outside your property that you have control over ? 
Are you in the uk

Hi Integrator,

I understand the problems with viewing through glass - but was hoping there might be some "tricks" or workarounds known to people with more knowledge & experience than me.

Yes, there are lights outside, but none over which I have any control. (Street-lights)

Yes I am in the UK.

59 minutes ago, IanG said:

Yes I am in the UK.

Thought so by council parking permit in window 

3 hours ago, IanG said:

Camera Sony CCD Pinhole 

You could improve your camera image buy swapping out the pinhole as they are useless unless close up …. Plus you have no control over settings on it

depending on your recorder spec you will get better images if your dvr could take a hd analog turret camera … but depends on your recorder

That's not a Council Permit on the windscreen.

Thanks for the info re HD Analogue turret cameras - I shall have a look at some, although it seems I shall still be stuck with reflections. If necessary I shall purchase a different recorder.

If your camera is going into infrared mode because it's dark, this may be the problem. If you have outside lighting, you don't need it in this case. Infrared bounces of glass and creates glare, but goes right through plexiglass. I know some who have switched out their glass, for just this reason. In this case, if you disable the infrared mode either on the camera, or if your system allows this through the "brain," this may be all that is needed.