Sign in to follow this  
Kraquin

Reconfiguration Time

I have 3 Hikvision cameras, well actually 6 but one unit is a Panovu so has 4 inside it. I also have a spare PC, a switch, an NVR (Hikvision), spare monitor, keyboard, mouse and a wall plate close by with 3 open jacks where I could connect anything directly to my router in another room.

I had been using Blue Iris and loved it but the Panovu is incompatible with BI so I had to revert to using Hikvision IVMS-4200. IVMS is okay but can be a PITA to configure for recording. I had done it once several years ago but had to move everything to another room and just slapped it all back together without configuring it to record thinking I'd get to it sooner but that has turnered out to be much later and I forgot how I did it. So I'd be starting from scratch. Right now I just have everything going into the switch and operate through the PC. The PC is the only thing on my network and that's wifi. The NVR is not recording because it's not configured to do so and it's an exercise in aggrivation to get it right especially with the Panovu.

So with Spring coming up and the awakening of neighborhood vandals and thieves I thought I'd configure what I have to record again. I have an idea of the connections but wanted to canvass the group for what may be a preferred configuration based on the widgets I have. For instance connect everything to the switch -- switch to router or connect cameras to NVR -- NVR to switch -- switch and PC to router  etc..

thanks