Camera virgin

Best 4g sim for indoor cctv use

Hi all

Hope you all okay.

Wondered if anyone can help me out please...

Got a 4g dome camera to put in my storage place for security and a giff gaff sim card for the data as no broadband in there...works for couple hours then says its disconnected....supplier says its the data on sim dropping out but Im Unsure as not even getting a flashing light to say 4g is active.....iv put in a phone and 4g working fine..I can connect to cctv and view okay ish,bit laggy but works ,but after a while it disconnects....only had it 1 day and feel like sending it back....if it is sim data do u think a better network would work okay as its indoors...

Any help appreciated 

Kindest regards

Hi. If you can send it back then I would cheap P2P cameras do get switched off by your service provider as it’s always sending data to China server so that’s classed as unfair usage 

there are uk based cameras £10 a month pay as you go unlimited data but it depends on your budget

Hi Tom

Hope your well & big thank you for your reply.. 

Yes itseems like giff gaff could of blocked something,I have put sim in phone and data works a treat,the camera works on WiFi but soon as out of range it disconnects again,so not switching to 4g at all..

When I first purchased it there was a blue led what instructions say is to indicate 4g data,and was flashing fine,now it does not come on at all...so deffinatly a 4g problem either something has malfunctioned in camera or it is as you said giff gaff had blocked it....

I have actually started a return and getting ready to box up and send back and I have purchased another 1 from a English seller for £150....so if that works okay I will keep that 1 ...I wish I had posted on here before I purchased another one as did not realise you can get for so cheap Tom...?

Thank you again my friend,I really appreciate your time & help and I will come back on here to report on other one once arrives...

Kindest regards

?

Hi can you post which camera from uk …. send it to pm

and if it’s compatible then I will let you know of data £15 for 3 months 

were are you located