Peater

Hikvision K2/16P ONVIF Support

Hello and wondered if anyone can offer some assistance on a Hikvison NVR DS-7616NI-K2/16P with supporting ONVIF protocols.
This K2/16P was an upgrade to a DS-7608NI-E2/8P, of which it supported 4 ONVIF cameras, which configured and operated without any issue over the last few years.

The camera parameters have been copied from the E2/8P to the K2/16P. One of the ONVIF cameras are operational (x.11), however the other 3 (which are of the same make) are unstable and not full connecting. stating NETWORK ABNORMAL  Sometimes the cameras do show as online and sometimes in Live View, but only for a few seconds. This is confirmed by the playback where the timeline shows where the cameras have connected and recorded. There is no frequency to this, it could go 8 hours with no image recordings to 5 or 6 occurrences over an hour.  ***See up date below ****

I have tried all port options, I have also defaulted the cameras, but no joy. I have connected to both NVR's at the same time, and have laid them side by side to compare all menus and setting, but nothing sticks out (the K2/16P does have  separate option to enable ONVIF, which of course is enabled. I have defaulted the K2/16P with the cameras connected, still no joy.
I have also changed the IP range of the cameras to 113, 114, 115.  On defaulting the cameras and changing the IP, I have reconnected to the E2/8P with perfect on-line and stable images.

I have connected to the K2/8P NVR subnet and run Camera Device Manager, this shows the presence of the cameras, where I can change IP or port settings. One thing I notice is that the cameras are port 80, BOTH NVR's changes these to port 8899 in camera settings. I have eliminated any password connectivity issue. If I set the port manually to 8899, then I don't get full access to the camera's local client.

Hikvision cameras, these connect without issues.

Production numbers, shows that both models have the same features and regional code
E2/16P            0820151205 AA RR xxxxxxxxx WCVU
K2/16P       16P1620211112 CC RR xxxxxxxxx WCVU

Appreciate if anyone could offer any help on this, thank you...

*** UPDATE *** the randomness of connection, I have established that when the camera detected movement/sun bursts, it triggers connectivity and the camera to records for a few seconds. Of course this is not seen on the older E2/8P

Hikvision camera setting page.png

Hikvision timeline.png