guidecca

Converting DAV to AVI or MP4

I've always been able to convert saved clips from my DVR to .avi format with Dhavi.  The video clips in .dav format from my new NVR play in SmartPlayer and sort of play in VLC.  When converted these new .dav video clips show up in file manager with the correct Size but the "Play Length" is zero.  What would cause something like this?  I'm using ConvertTool to convert the .dav files.  Dhavi did not seem to work.  Here is the link to this ConvertTool:  https://www.rhinoco.com.au/file/download/2818  Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Hi. Your first problem is ….. you need to forget anything you did in the past

you have a new nvr …. That should play your files without converting…. So you must be also downloading your files wrong

what make is your nvr and also what app does it use

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 4:50 PM, tomcctv said:

Hi. Your first problem is ….. you need to forget anything you did in the past

you have a new nvr …. That should play your files without converting…. So you must be also downloading your files wrong

what make is your nvr and also what app does it use

Dahua NVR has the same GUI interface as the Dahua hybrid DVR.  You search, you find a segment of video you want to save, you clip it at Start and clip it again at End.  In this NVR you click on the diskette button and it opens up your thumb drive where you "backup" the video clip you want to save.  It saves to the thumb drive as a .DAV file.  That's still okay but you should be able to convert it to .AVI or .MP4 format.  For that I use a small Dahua converter, " Dhavi," which is supposed to convert it and save.  The .DAV file should be a .AVI file but regardless of size the .AVI file is corrupt.  Therein, lies my problem.  I converted it with a new program called "ConvertTool" with the same results; the .AVI file is corrupt - it shows in file explorer as having a "size" but play time is zero.  I've used VLC and the Windows default player, "Film & TV," with no luck. 

Is there a way to convert .DAV to .AVI in SmartPSS?  SmartPSS can play the .DAV files for sure.

Yes you can use pss if on same network and pic file type before downloading

or keep it simple ….. like I said … forget what you have done in the past 

On recorder >backup>top right > file type> change to what format you want

• Like 1