Sign in to follow this  
Mrfix71

Hybrid Analog-IP System, Video Encoder Incompatibility

Currently have 12 IP cameras running in a Blue Iris system and have been trying to integrate some legacy analog cameras using encoders for over a year now.. Purchased two different rack mount, multi-channel, encoders that I have not been able to get functioning. The rack unit IP addresses show up in my network, but not able to view video or identify the individual IP channels. One encoder unit is an Axis with 3 different multi-channel cards and the other is a multi-channel Verint. Not much success Googling the web for reference materials on setting up these devices, other than owner manuals. Changing the analog cameras to IP ones will be difficult due to their current installations. I understand current NVR/DVR systems that have analog inputs will not integrate individual IP video channels with Blue Iris, so I have not tried that. Obviously trying to prevent buying more and more things that do not solve the problem or achieve my goals.

If anyone with experience can help with known issues using encoders with Blue Iris or with these encoders on specific OS platforms, I would greatly appreciate some input and will provide specific details as needed.