Sign in to follow this  
David Chan

Analogue CCTV upgrade

I have a Geovision GV 1248 which is a PC based system .

I am not too sure what cameras I have but they were installed back in 2010.

I hear you can get 4k Video over the coax cables, and for convenience, I would rather not rewire the system with CAT5 just yet.

The Cable that I have is Siamese with 12V DC and RG59 with BNC type connectors.

I have a few questions

1) Can someone recommend some cameras or point me in the right direction? I am looking for 4K or better. I have seen some 

https://connectec.uk/security/cctv/cctv-cameras/hilook-analogue-cctv-cameras/hilook-thc-t180-m-8mp-4k-tvi-mini-turret-2-8mm?gclid=CjwKCAjwrZOXBhACEiwA0EoRD9ITZj01vid7ExxYL8hk4cZD6o_cfMdGC-XWFoFFMdULyZV86sNtGxoCk3QQAvD_BwE

Are they any good?

2) Will the Geovsion card work with these cameras, or are they defunct?

3) My PSU is 240V to 12V DC and has 24 power rail outputs, I assume that I can still use this for the 12v DC power?

Many thanks

Hi. No you can’t use that format of cameras

in your other post it was explained why

your pc based system is a standard analog D1 recording with 720tvl cameras

if you want to keep your existing cables and power supply.     Then you need to change your pc  for a dvr ……… you can still use your existing cameras on a 5 in 1 HD 4K dvr and swap out the cameras later when you need to

thanks for that. The PC consumes more power anyway, so it will be good to get rid of it. Will get the DVR first.

Do you have any recommendations for 5 in 1 HD 4k DVR and the cameras?

Also I have just noticed that we have a multitude of sky wires all over the place under the roof parapet. We no longer use sky, and sky will eventually abolish the dish as it uses broadband. As I can access these areas from the loft and drill a small hole for the power cable, could I use the sky wire for the signal. I understand sky use RG6 coax and most CCTV is RG59, so this would give more shielding. I would just need to use the correct adapters on both ends or crimps.

Thanks

35 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi yes I can direct you to sites that have good equipment and support

but need to know we’re your located

Based in North London. thanks

Hi I have sent you a spec for an 8 channel dvr with upto 4K on each channel including IP cameras

the system also run on the SuperLive plus app for remote viewing which is one of the best on the market

Superlive plus gives you full control of nvr with direct footage download and then email it