Lewis G

Multiple screens

Hello Everyone, 

I have an AvertX ProConnect 16 channel NVR. The system only allows one video output which is in use in our office for viewing all cameras. What I need to have is two additional monitors, both with different cameras displayed on them. 

I currently have them running the AvertX app on an AppleTv but they don't stay on and log themselves out sometimes. I can't keep going to the site to fix it. 

I've been told to use LAN video decoders to accomplish this  but I'm wanting to confirm that is the best route before spending $400-$500 on decoders. 

Hi yes there is a simple solution …. It still costs money be no where $500 for each decoder

how many cameras do you want on each screen view

1 minute ago, tomcctv said:

Hi yes there is a simple solution …. It still costs money be no where $500 for each decoder

how many cameras do you want on each screen view

One monitor will need just one camera the other monitor will need four cameras (including the one on the other monitor).

Ok so a simple fix and will also add additional security and backup

is to buy two cheap NVRs 4 way and link them to the cameras you need in that area

this also gives control of the cameras called to those nvrs and recorders backup

also doing it this way ….. the main nvr becomes the master system recording all cameras even if the recordings have been deleted from the other 2 nvrs 

you should find two nvrs on Amazon for around $80

So, you connect the cmeras to both NVRs? Or all three NVRs in the case of the one camera?

How would you go about doing that?

Hi

for the first nvr you would use the local IP address for let’s say camera 3 on the main dvr and insert that IP address into the nvr that you only want to show 1 camera 

nvr 2 is the same copy the 4 local IP address of the cameras you want displayed off the main nvr and put them into nvr 2 and that will show the 4 cameras