dubmitch

remote view problem, Any help please

Hi, Need a bit of help with new system diy install in shop.

When i view cams from remote source the pictures are breaking up and freezing. At home i have 2mb up and down connection. In store it is 3mb down and 300kbs up. Would the upload speed cause this problem. System worked okey with only 3 cams, not with 8. Using A-tone 8ch dvr (also known as len castle) When i view on computer in store, picture and playback is perfect.

My laptop at home is Dell inspiron 1150 2.6ghz, 1mb ram.

Any help PLEASE.

Thanks

Mitch

[/b]

image_07.jpg.027f398b58a492654ef0d223992f441b.jpg

You can only downlaod as fast as you can upload he data IE if your DVR site only has 300 up then that is all you can download, however th artifacts you are seeing may not be from this issue, it could be a codec issue, but bandwidth can also cause this

My netview software has a list of codecs. I'm not sure if this means that it uses all of these, or i should pick one. Any idea's please.

Codecs listed are:

cinepak codec by radius

Intel indeo® video R3.2

Intel indeo® video R3.2 (same one twice)

Intel indeo video 4.5

Intel IYUV codec

Microsoft video 1

Ligos indeo video 5.11

Divx 6.2.2 codec (1 logical cpu)

xvid mpeg-4 codec

Microsoft mpeg-4 video codec V1

I believe that is just for recording remote video to a local file on the remote computer (your laptop).

See if the DVR has any codec settings for the remote video, or even frame rates or quality settings .. (inside the DVR program menu)

From a quick google though its MJPEG only and the issue you are having is probably DVR related along with upload speed on the DVR side .. what they claim doesnt always mean thats what it is .. if you can take your laptop there and do an Upload Bandwidth test ...