Sign in to follow this  
KLISSOL.CCTV

DVR Network status - connecting

I bought one of these generic H.264 DVR with no brand name only when turned on there is KANNIC when the software starts.  I connected it to a router and the Network status is Connecting does not change to Connected.  So I cannot have remote view.  I don't know if I can upgrade the firmware and how do I do that so it will work.

4 minutes ago, KLISSOL.CCTV said:

I bought one of these generic H.264 DVR with no brand name only when turned on there is KANNIC when the software starts.  I connected it to a router and the Network status is Connecting does not change to Connected.  So I cannot have remote view.  I don't know if I can upgrade the firmware and how do I do that so it will work.

Hi . None branded units never work after firmware updates …. Only because it’s hit and miss for right firmware and you can’t recover the unit

but your problem is a easy fix 

can you post a picture of the network menu screen

Ok first try this … your unit is showing to have iP of 192.168.1.8  this might not be right for your local network 

on the same page as your IP address there is a tick button marked DHCP 

When you have it ticked press ok then turn your recorder off ….. count to 10 and switch back on … leave to boot up again …… now see if the IP address has changed

also are you using android? As apple have removed that app ….. what country are you in

I have updated the DVR with the router and the IP addresses has changed.  Please see the attache picture and still the device gives the same Network status - connecting?

network updated2.jpg

Hi 

primary should be 8.8.8.8

secondary should be 4.4.4.4

are you on a shared network ?

on your app have you entered the new IP address ?

and what app are you using

ok I have will charge the primary and secondary.  I am using the XVR Pro and XVRView of which both say device offline when I use the IP address to connect

I connected the DVR by cat6 cable to a Haiwei router and still the same result just connecting.  Am still waiting for a fix for this problem.  Please help.