Sign in to follow this  
Andy Stankovich

Panasonic WJ`HD316A not booting up on turn on

Hi. I am hoping that someone out there knows how to get a Panasonic WJ 316A to boot up?

Previously it worked but i have tried to access some footage and it will not do anything except turn on and the green light on front turns on and thats it!

Is it possible to read the hard drive externally? how would i do that?

Any advice for a frustrated Australian would be greatfully received.

3 hours ago, Andy Stankovich said:

Hi. I am hoping that someone out there knows how to get a Panasonic WJ 316A to boot up?

Previously it worked but i have tried to access some footage and it will not do anything except turn on and the green light on front turns on and thats it!

Is it possible to read the hard drive externally? how would i do that?

Any advice for a frustrated Australian would be greatfully received.

Hi. Depending on how important the footage is ……. Your looking at a 21 year old cif recorder

you will need a hard drive reader that uses a IDE drive that’s your first cost 

then if you get that far without being ask to format ….. you need to search 4 partitions on the drive……. Partition 3 will have the files on that you need …. Partition 4 will have backup and file player ……. But that’s your next problem ….. they won’t run on newer pc as the licence will have run out …… sometimes resetting time and date on your pc to something like 2006 @12.00pm

its not going to be cheap and very time consuming …. Also footage is cif and not very clear so might not be any good for legal use