Sign in to follow this  
Pablo56

New to this forum and CCTV

Hi. I have been looking at a CCTV system on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SANNCE-Wireless-Recorder-Security-Wheather/dp/B06VTHXDY7/ref=sr_1_omk_4?crid=2RIFGGJKKHWBD&keywords=wireless+cctv&qid=1666423416&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI2LjUzIiwicXNhIjoiNi41MCIsInFzcCI6IjUuODIifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=wireless+cctv%2Caps%2C95&sr=8-4

What I was thinking was, if I bought 2 of these, I would have 8 cameras. I would also have 2 recorders. So if a burglar decided to steel the recorder having seen the cameras (inside), there would be a second recorder. A backup. I would imagine that each recorder would not know or care about the other. I would get 2 emails instead of one.

SECOND. If I am looking at it remotely on a laptop, would it be easy to recorded the incident on the laptop or is it for viewing purposes on a web browser. I just want to be ULTRA SECURE.

Thanks. Desmond.

1 hour ago, Pablo56 said:

just want to be ULTRA SECURE.

Hi  then wireless is the wrong way to go

it has never been reliable and also does not last long  …… the last few months wireless have gone cheap some reduced by 70%

it is also a bad idea to buy two unless you only use them as two 4 ways and that will slow your own network down ( P2P China)

you can run the 8 cameras on one dvr but you can’t backup using another wireless dvr as each camera code has already been used and set on first dvr

To be ultra secure….. wireless with P2P China and short life span is not secure

Hi. Thanks for that. I thought in the days of super fast broadband that would work, but it is the WI-FI side that lets you down. I would like to secure with 3 internal cameras and one external. When I go into pubs, I see a very small blue dome. I liked these as inside a home the large cameras are not only visible, I would like them to be more covert. The idea of having 2 recorders is a backup in case a burglar saw them and decided to steel the evidence. I would have liked an email or SMS to inform me if I was away and maybe some way of recording at a distance. The at a distance would not be necessary if there was a backup and a more hidden camera even better. 

Can you suggest a better system for me please as you are very knowledgeable. 

Thank you.

P.S. I don't want to spend a fortune on my flat. I don't have a Vincent van Gogh or a Leonardo da Vinci. But I would like to make it discreetly secure.

Just seen this wired system £229

Swann SWDVK-846804-EU 1TB 8-Channel 1080p CCTV Kit & 4 Indoor & Outdoor Cameras

Order online at Screwfix.com. Multi-camera, wired surveillance system with everything needed for a DIY or professional installation. 1080p clarity and colour night vision for quality images during day and night. Can be zoomed in to discern important details which are essential for evidence, such...
www.screwfix.com

No Mention of Remote viewing or recording.