cdub74

Kguard DVR-8CIF (NS801) Channels 3 and 4 Not Recording

I currently have a problem with a Kguard DVR-8CIF (NS801) it appears that channels 1 and 2 are recording fine, but channels 3 and 4 will not record at all.

So far I have checked:

Channels 3 and 4 are working on live view

That the record Parameters, Record Schedule and Record Setup in the menu match channels 1 and 2

The Alarm setting also matches and the motion detection is on and the area needed to be monitored is selected, I have also raised the sensitivity on channels 3 and 4 to 8 (which is the max).

But still channels 3 and 4 don't seem to have anything to playback.

Also I am remoting in to the unit via the web interface and often when I am checking settings the unit will lose the connection, requiring someone on site to power off the CCTV Box and power back on again to regain a remote connection.

Does anyone have any ideas of what to try next? Suggestions grateful!

Hi 

first thing I would look at is channel list 

you have an 8 way dvr and you can drag and drop images on screen to move cameras around so you could infact have 

cam 1 cam 2 cam 5 cam 6 showing on your screen and cams 5 and 6 have no settings 

this could also happen if the system has been unplugged and the bnc connections on the back have not been put into the right channel ports……. I would go to monitor and click 8 cam screen and see which channels have image

other than that I would not spend much time a effort on that dvr as it’s 12 years old and only records in cif  

hybrid DVRs are cheap infact in most cases it’s not much more than buying a 1tb hard drive …. Which a new dvr would come with

Thanks for the suggestions on screen as well as showing the Date and Time it also shows Channel Numbers (i.e CH1, CH2, CH3, and CH4) Channels 1-4 are showing live views, channels 5-8 are black and just showing a date and time. I have checked on the Kview app and the only channels that have recorded video are CH1 and CH2.

I will get someone to check the BNC Connectors are plugged into ports 1 to 4.