tskeldon

Help with NVR orphan.

Hi everybody

I'm new to this kind of thing. This looks (both the chassis and the internals) and runs (software) exactly like a Hikvision DS76 series NVR, and yet it is not branded as such. What is it?

Hikvision says its Netvision but it doesn't look anything like the Netvision software I've seen evidence online. I know that they were or are some how connected software vs hardware, but they won't admit it.

This NVR uses 'protocols' indentified in the software on screen as Hikvision, and yet...Hikvision doesn't acknowledge the chassis, board or serial number as being theirs, so they won't help. 

I need to reset my camera passwords (which no longer 'link' after accidentally choosing 'factory' default when I wanted a simple system default. But I need a valid serial number to use the Hikvision tools. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reduced.jpg

Reduced3.png

Reduced4.jpg

P.S. By the way, I'm in Canada, and I am all too aware that Hikvision North America, while being very polite and responsive, doesn't afford service to end-users, but I don't know who the vendor/installer was; so many have gone the way of the Dodo due to covid.

This is the device info as it shows in the software. Does anyone recognize the configuration of the serial number, or the software for that matter?

Reduced5.jpg

Hi. Yes that is a hikvision ds72 first hit the market in 2012 …… last update 2016 

also hikvision will not help with these systems all firmware and software were removed from all hikvision portals

Hello, and thanks for the information. Is it true that Netvision use to supply the software for Hikvision's hardware in earlier versions of a shared enterprise, or is that information not correct. As I understand it, Netvision used to only be a software company, and Hikvisionn used to only make boards and then chassis/units. Did they have a falling out?

Hi no it’s only hikvision software 

2010 to 2016 was a bad time for hikvision there software had so much malware built in and spyware they were forced to change everything….. this also included iP camera software which was also replaced and had to be done in 2015 

your problem points to camera firmware 

if your system can’t see iP cameras iP address then you need to find the update for your cameras …… your iP cameras should be either 1.3 or 2mp build date should be 

Hikvision Firmware V5.3.0 build 150513