Garry

Single person Access Control System..Helppp

Guys, I need your help. I require a system whereby only one person can gain access into the room at a time. It should come with something like a semi circle glass door and only one person can enter at a time. Does anyone of you know of this kind of system? So far I have only seen it in movies. Please assist me on this and it would be good if you could tell me who I am able to get it from.

Thank you.

autosec_thumb.jpg

This unit is from Gunnebo Omega and have seen this at trade shows.

http://www.gunnebo-omega.com/autosec.asp

There are many companies which can fabricate full height revolving security doors which will meet your needs.

Hope you have a ton of cash!

Thank man...I guess it will cost a bomb for it...

Hope this helps!

Original link

Kelowna International Airport recently completed its fourth installation of what’s called a tailgate detection and alarm recording (T-DAR) system at one of its employee entrances. The other three T-DAR systems have been operational since last year. Kelowna International is Canada’s 11th busiest airport with just over a million passengers in 2005. Rather than have a security officer manually check the restricted area, Kelowna International has implemented biometric readers and person traps.

The T-DAR system was developed by Seattle-based Newton Security, Inc. and installed by ADT Security Services. ADT has not installed another system like it in Canada, but has implemented a similar system at Ronald Reagan National Airport in Washington, D.C. The installation of the T-DAR system follows a motion by the former Transportation Minister David Colonette to the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) to develop and implement what’s now called the Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) program at Canada’s busiest airports.

Vancouver International and Kelowna International airports were selected as pilot project sites for the first implementations of RAIC in 2004. Other airports using RAIC include Calgary International, Charlottetown, Iqaluit, Pierre Elliot Trudeau International and Winnipeg International.

The T-DAR system helps to prevent an unauthorized person from following authorized personnel such as airline mechanics or crew into a restricted area by placing a wall of glass in front of and behind the person (called a mantrap) attempting to gain access. The mantrap, which costs somewhere in the area of $25,000 per system, works in conjunction with the RAIC cards in that an employee presents his badge and fingerprint (or iris scan) to a reader.