Sign in to follow this  
Douglas

New camera suggestion

I already have an older Lorex 8 camera setup that you guys helped me with way back when.  It has worked extremely well with only having to replace one camera that failed in the six years it's been in service.  This system has been really fun to have over the years.  We have an abundance of wildlife, so that in itself has been a pleasure to watch on the cameras.  My system consists of 8 2k 4MP cameras with color night vision.  My NVR is an NR900 series unit.  When I installed it I ran all new CAT 6 cabling throughout for each camera.

Anyway I wouldn't mind upgrading a few if not all of my cameras.  I'd love a few PTZ cameras with sound.  Also I'd like to upgrade to 4k resolution.  So I'm looking for suggestions on cameras and hopefully models that will hold up as well as my existing cameras.  I'm also wondering if my current NVR would need to be replaced?  It says "4K Ultra HD" on the front.  

Thanks for any help!! 

Hi. The first thing I would do is swap out your nvr ….. reason being the 900 nvr did not do what was on the box 

4K HD was a dahua rendered 4K monitor display only unit (lorex is dahua) and I would not replace with either a lorex of dahua (you will be wasting your money if you do

also you will see I big improvement in your existing cameras both in display and storage

nvrs are cheap so I would look at going 16 way …8 for existing cameras and 8 for adding some cameras

what is your budget

27 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. The first thing I would do is swap out your nvr ….. reason being the 900 nvr did not do what was on the box 

4K HD was a dahua rendered 4K monitor display only unit (lorex is dahua) and I would not replace with either a lorex of dahua (you will be wasting your money if you do

also you will see I big improvement in your existing cameras both in display and storage

nvrs are cheap so I would look at going 16 way …8 for existing cameras and 8 for adding some cameras

what is your budget

Thanks for the reply!  My budget I guess would be $500.00 or less?  Or whatever it takes to upgrade my NVR with something better.  I never knew that info on the 900......good to know.  So you're saying I can get better performance from my existing cameras by just upgrading the NVR? My cameras are model: LNB4421W. https://www.lorex.com/products/4mp-outdoor-metal-camera-with-150ft-color-night-vision-hevc-black

Disregard everything mentioned above.  I got way better advice on another forum.  This place is dead and pathetic.  Mods feel free to delete this post as well as my account.  No longer needed.