Sign in to follow this  
Kebo2r

False motion detection for REX

Hello!

Any tips or tricks for getting rid of false motion detections for REX on 3 sets of glass front doors?  Each door pair has a XMS motion sensor over the center of the door.  Sensitivity jumper removed to decrease sensitivity and still getting periods of false motion every minute or less unlocking the doors…. I’ve adjusted till I’m blue in the face. Any tricks?

thanks!

Hello, I have a question: Do you use a combination of PIR and MicroWave sensors? Or only REX sensors? In general, these sensors have no smart functions, so they can't read whether the input was safe or forced. If possible, replace it with a combination of these sensors or at least MV sensors. Better yet, use a intercom telephones with sensors already built in. The combination of RIP and MicroWave sensors is designed to eliminate the possibility of frequent false alarms. And REX is only made to detect whether the door is open or closed. 

4 hours ago, Ann Norbert said:

REX is only made to tell if the door is open or closed.

Can just see this turning into a sales pitch

well that is the job of the sensor or to be more accurate it controls the lock to open

microwave will only give more range which is not a good thing ….. that it’s self makes it more unreliable