kenh

Problem with sun through windows

What is the best way to deal with bright sun through windows? I just did a job that has two walls full of windows and the sun in the afternoon is intense and tends to White out the picture. The camera is a day/night 500 LOR .5 lux box camera with BLC which is on but does not make much difference. Is a top of the line panasonic/Sony camera the solution to this issue? I have another job coming up and it's going to have the same issue. Camera looking at entry doors with bright sun in background.

Thanks for input.

first id turn blc off.. but you might want to try a camera like a pano or ganz that has wide dynamic range that can adjust to 2 lighting conditions... and of course go with a dc auto iris lens

I tryed BLC on and off no difference. It does have a day/night DC auto Iris lens. My guess is spend the money on the Wide Dynamic Pano. I'm going to order one to play with at my shop. I've read good things about the panasonic WV-CP484 so I'll give it a good testing and post some comparison photos soon.

oh ya go with a panasonic SDIII WDR camera and you will be thoroughly impressed with the image. Completely takes the image and gives you a image you did not even know was possible.

Just wondering, has any one tried a polarising filter?

I would try it, but I have no idea where mine has gone (one of the lenses I have lets me screw on a adapter which lets me use the filter).

The block sunlight coming from a certain direction, you turn the filter to select which direction. They dont work for head on sunlight though, so your cams would need to be at a angle.

Not sure if it would work, thats why I want to find that darn filter - but if it did, then it would be a good and cheap solution.

yeah i bought a couple of them .. they were useless outdoors in the sun we got here ...