Garry

Starting out in the industry

Hi guys, my friend and I are intending to start out in this industry. Jsut wondering if anyone can give any opinions on the DVRs, regardless whether it's PC Based or Standalone ones to get and do you have any suppliers to recommend? I am looking for good quality cctv cameras suppliers too. Do recommend me value for money brands, good, raliable yet cost savings haha. Just for your information, I'm located in Singapore.

Thanks in advance.

What is your background and why are you wanting to get into security? Its not just fun, its providing solutions for clients and spending thier money wisely. I see it too often when a potential client does business with somebody they shouldn't, they are not only compromising thier investment but also thier safety.

Not saying you won't provide for your clients, but just wondering where you are coming from.

What is your background and why are you wanting to get into security? Its not just fun, its providing solutions for clients and spending thier money wisely. I see it too often when a potential client does business with somebody they shouldn't, they are not only compromising thier investment but also thier safety.

Not saying you won't provide for your clients, but just wondering where you are coming from.

Oh no worries. Been in something related for the past 6 years. I was in the government sector dealing in security. Now helping a friend in his newly startup security business.

So hope to get assistance from you guys to introduce to me some good recommendations that you have. Hope i would be able to get some good recommendations here.

Thanks.

Garry,

Good to hear! As for equipment, you might initially hook up with a distributor so you have access to various manufacturers of equipment. This will also allow you to "demo" some equipment as well to trial yourself.

Try to stick with the name brands, Panasonic, Bosch, CBC, Pelco, Extreme, etc...

What market are you targeting in security?

Garry,

Good to hear! As for equipment, you might initially hook up with a distributor so you have access to various manufacturers of equipment. This will also allow you to "demo" some equipment as well to trial yourself.

Try to stick with the name brands, Panasonic, Bosch, CBC, Pelco, Extreme, etc...

What market are you targeting in security?

In fact, we have hooked up with some of the local distributors and some from Korea, Taiwan and even China. But some of their products are not up to satisfactory adn the prices are also pretty steep. So trying to see if there're and good recommendations on reliable and value for money suppliers from you guys here. CBC and Extreme sounds new to me, maybe I will check that out.

Thanks bro.