allmanbros

Advice for F&I Office. Audio/Video

Trying to see what my best option for recording video/audio for an F&I office at a car dealership. This is what I have in mind:

Pelco DVR5100 to record

Crown PZM-10LL for a microphone

Pelco Spectra III domes

What I would like is for the F&I Manager to hit a momentary switch that would set an alarm on the DVR5100 and initiate the recording process. I was just curious if anyone has used a setup like this or would have a suggestion for something similar. Also, how easy would exporting from the DVR5100 be?

Eventually we would be adding 2 more office setups in 2 different buidings that have unused multimode fiber back to main building (dvr). Interested to hear any suggestions for transceiver/receiver over fiber that would handle both audio and video. Also, I will be adding more PTZ and fixed cameras to this setup for just general surveillance. I would like to use my zoneminder box to capture general surveillance cameras seperate from the F&I offices. Many thanks in advance.

Also, I have questions on using the Coaxitron PTZ's from pelco. Do I need a device (receiver) in between the camera and the Switcher, or does the switcher provide power to the cameras as well?

Talk to a lawyer if your going to use this video for anything important. Its happened too often when somebody comes into the courtroom not knowing they were recorded with audio. Even when a sign is posted, its possible to legally get the evidence dismissed. You might be better off having your clients sign a disclaimer/waiver of some sort...

We have a system already in place that relies on the computer to do the recording. We have already had to use a few videos in court. I just wanted to switch over to a system that didn't rely on the F&I computer's. Anyone have any help on the questions above?