oldtimer

Using 4 meg pixel cameras and up

I have noticed many are asking questions about using the high pixel cameras in their CCTV systems. Some are getting good results and some are bad. Some boards will not except the high amount of resolution that they produce. How they connect the cameras are another thing. In the UK, the use of the cameras recording one frame at a time is popular. What has been your conclusion on how to connect the cameras to a DVR and what triggers your shutter or have you found a way to use the cameras with full motion? Let's hear some more about this topic.

Best regards to all. The oldtimer

H.264 equals more video recorded, options in recording time (motio or 24/7.

I've found that the H.264 allows me to set up my clients with 24/7 at 7 fps and a decent quality.

megapixels? they work great under premium lighting conditions and over time they will get more efficient for night recording. I'm currently a WDR fan and loving it.

vst I think that your night time imaging depends on what camera your using. I have used some panasonic megapixel cameras that produce excellent images in low light.

ok, show us the same pic with motion recording. I forgot to mention that mega pixel camera's "usually" can't hang in low light without ghosting issues.

I knew you would come back based on your megapixel post(s). Don't get me wrong, mega's have a place and everyone I've tested or seen in low light no light can't perform.

And your post is a very nice picture. But I wonder how it performs with no light low light and a person walking past te front of the car.

Here is a shot from the camera under Ir. I am walking at regular walking pace away from the camera and look back at the camera

This shot is a cheap ir camera on the window ledge just to give ir for the example from the other post. The cam is not specified for the camera shot so yes it is going to look bleached out on my body. But no abnormal ghosting.

mecarbwcompressed.jpg

Just to show how dark it is I posted an image in color

mecarcolorcompressed.jpg

You should try playing with the compression settings for the camera, those pics could be alot better without all the artifacts from over compression.