k1lla

Presets no working through DVR SOftware

I am unable to set and use the presets through the DVR using rs232/rs485 with a PTZ dome with Pelco P protocol. I am thinking that maybe I need to be using another adapter besides the rs232/rs485. I believe the DVR manufacturer makes a DIO card or something. The DVR software does allow me to PTZ remotly no problem, except trying to do this remotly is a huge PITA. Has anyone encountered this problem before.

Edited by Guest

Presuming you are using a PC-based DVR running Win2k or Win XP you could try using PTZ Pro which is a software-based controller that works thru conventional com ports and RS-232/RS-285 adapters. This comes with a 15 day trial and runs entirely separately from your DVR Software without using any significant additional resources. The software supports Pelco P and D Protocols with multiple cameras and multiple users over the internet / network. You can download PTZ Pro Server and PTZ Pro Remote from www.vidiguard.com

if you are able to control the ptz with the software, then the converter isn't the issue. if it was, you would get no control.

which dvr/software are you using?

does it support presets?

I am using the K-World 7134b Capture cart with win xp and pelco p protocol ptz... So far K-world tech support has sent me an updated software version 1.5.1 which has allowed me to work the presets from the server only. I have e-mailed their tech support in Taiwan and hopefully they can get the remote software to work with the presets as this is the most important feature to me. Also I have no auto function either.

In addition I have been in contact with Vidiguard who has been extremely helpful in getting me going with his software. I will keep working on both programs until I get the functionality I need.

Edited by Guest

Tech support at Kworld is being extremely helpful and they have assured me that their software works... They believe that I need their DIO board to get functionality of the remote presets and auto function. They are mailing me the DIO for a trial. My gut feeling here is that it is their software that is causing this.

edit.. received DIO card no change...