xcopy-

[RESOLVED] PC lockups when adding additional DVR cards

Well people the problem was the CPU, First time in my life I see a CPU work on a motherboard that requirs a different chipset... Pent D's are picky that way I supose... slaped in a compatible CPU and voila problem solved PC has been on and recording for a solide week now...

I have another question but I'll make a new thread for that one...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it common for a PC to lockup when adding a second DVR card?

I can't go into much detail on the PC specs but the hardware more then meets the sys reqs.

the DVR cards have PLX chips and run flawlessly with a single 8 chan but system stability goes out when adding another 8 chan DVR card...

the pc lockups occur most when starting my DVR software.

I know your thinking it's the software... but would it still be the software if the sys. runs perfectly with 1 card and not with 2....

Oh well hope someone out there has ran into this issue before

Thanks guys

Edited by Guest

hi;

can you give more informations on your card/ the manufacturer/ software version etc, some systems are designed for multiple PCI cards (i.e anykeeper, vguard), but others only for one single card (i.e geovision).

and your PC hardware configuration

Ben

Oh I think I figured it out ...

I have my DVR prog in my Start-up ... and for some reason my DVR client is looking for the service that handles the network:internet...

Apon startup on Winxp, things seam to be up and ready but actually services are still being started in the background...

So I made a small prog to check and ensure the net services were up and running inside windows ... seams to work fine now... crossing fingers...

Off to testing now.

Thanks for the reply though

Bah that didn't do it...

I've run some tests and even added multiple cooling fans on my DVR cards and my PC still randomly locks up.

Could anyone tell me with a degree of certainty if by any chance a 350W power supply is way bellow what is req for any typical DVRs system?