Pablo56

HiLook CCTV

Hi. I know that this is a lower end CCTV, but I am a home user on a tight budget. There are some issues which you might know about.
1) I set the time on the system (currently: 17:50). I have only 1 camera attached and on a PC monitor it displays 18:50. The time on the camera is 1 hour more. This can't be right. It would not stand up in a court of law.

2) I have tried to set some small recording skedules each over a period of 5 minutes. Should I not see a list of recordings when I go into admin? When I click on rexordings, I see a time line under the camera on the bottom of the monitor with a few red markers along the time line.

I will contact rthem tommorow about this but I would like to here from you guys first.

Hi sounds like you have the time switched on at the camera as well as recorder

nvr ….. menu … edit camera

switch off time display

the reason why I say camera time is the recording time needs to be right which is the one that’s logged at hard drive 

hilook is hikvision which are troublesome at the best of times ….. I stopped fitting them over 10 years ago

Hi Thanks. I did look into this and asked another forum prior to getting it and asked for a better make. I have gone to settings in main configuration and set the date and time their. I have not seen a seperate time for a camera. When you say troublesome are you talking about hikvision or the brand hikvision? I could do with seing if I can return it and get a better one.

Also, I have got recordings on the HDD but I was under the impression I could copy these to a USB for showing to the police etc. This is esential to me.

Also "nvr ….. menu … edit camera" and "switch off time display" can't see this anywhere. I am new to this CCTV thing. Used to work in a design lab back in the 1990s. Model is: NVR-104MH-C/4P(B) 

Hi then not being able to remove camera time is a problem

its the recorders time that’s important 

it’s does the time line and the watermark/ signature so that’s the time which needs to be used….. and it’s also displayed on the monitor 

buying cctv is a mine field but if you take into account there are only a few manufacturers the headaches are looking at rebadged units

take a look at your pm