Chas47

Change Admin Password Sannce CCTV system N48WHE

I have just installed my new Sannce  CCTV  N48WHE system all went well up to changing the Admin password. Apparently I made a mistake changing the password and now need to input a new password. I have tried the mouse twelve clicks trick shown on Youtube but this just takes me to the reset password box. The problem is I have to first put in the old password to be able to change to a new one which of course defeats the object if I knew the old password I would not need to change it. At the moment I am using the blank password but this leaves the system unprotected. Not Ideal.

Any help would be most appreciated.    

3 hours ago, Chas47 said:

I am using the blank password but this leaves the system unprotected.

Hi if you’re using the null password then that is the setup password. You should have access to the menu 

Hello Tom.

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I am using the null password at the moment but it leaves my system open to other people to make changes. I need the security of the admin protection.

I have set up most of the system but there must be a way of entering a new admin password without entering the old one first.

As I say I followed the advice on Youtube  but I do not get the same result on YouTube the demonstrator gets a box with enter new password twice I get a box with enter old password then enter new password twice.   

20 minutes ago, Chas47 said:

I get a box with enter old password then enter new password twice.   

Hi yes that’s right ……….we’re it asks to enter old password leave blank and enter your new one in box below and confirm same password  in next box 

Hello Tom.

You are a star***** I ignored the request to enter my old password as you suggested and filled in my new password twice. and that did the trick.

It was driving me crazy, Hopefully You won't hear from me again

Once again many thanks.

Charlie  

14 minutes ago, Chas47 said:

Hello Tom.

You are a star***** I ignored the request to enter my old password as you suggested and filled in my new password twice. and that did the trick.

It was driving me crazy, Hopefully You won't hear from me again

Once again many thanks.

Charlie  

Thank you Charlie ….. this is what the forums for. clad we could help

Simple things that should be in the manuals but never are 👍