Sign in to follow this  
Pablo56

Backup CCTV to memory stick.

Hi. I am a private individual and felt the need to get a CCTV system at a reasonable price. I got a HiLook. I was told that these are banned Chinese systems but I doubt the Chinese would be interested in me or fly a balloon over my house. I used to be involved in the development lab designing system in the 190s so I new I could put this together.

I do have a problem with it. How do I back it up onto a memory stick and what format would it be. Presumably MP4. I have looked at the manual but all there is a small section on their page 13 and 14 of the manual. It states that you put the stick into the USB port but that is used for the mouse. I can put a multiway USB into it and put them both in.

The manual says click [X] but there is no [X]. I found that I could click on the scissors and move along and click again. I get the save option. Now there is a MS style window Called Export with a choice of Video and log or Player. This is as far as I can go with this as I don’t understand the options. Can someone advise me please. I feel I can do this with a little help. I realise you guys won't touch these with a bargepole but you may have had some experiance with them.

http://desmond-otoole.co.uk/Config.jpg