pavancrow

Hidden wearable long lasting battery powered remote viewing device

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum. I needed help regarding installing a camera on the body of my 4 year child, so that I can view remotely what is his condition continuously at school, because of an unusual situation we are in. Though the school has provided some security measures, they are not sufficient compared to the precarious situation we are in.

I have thought about 2 methods of keeping in touch with him, remotely.

1. A hidden location tracking device.
2. A hidden wearable camera for remote viewing.

I will not discuss regarding the first one, since this is not the appropriate forum for that.

As for the second one, I am trying to find a battery powered device to be hidden in the garments of my child that can stream video remotely to my Laptop and Android phone. I need the battery to last as long as possible, up to weeks, months or more. Even if the child gets lost or is misled by someone, I should be able to get information about his whereabouts, for as long as it takes for the authorities of a third world country, like India, to trace him.

I have checked the web for information but since I am not tech-savvy, I am neither able to understand the technology provided by the devices nor able to search the appropriate device satisfies my needs.

So I thought it best to ask people who are knowledgeable in this matter.

I need this badly as early as possible. Please kindly help in this regard. Please suggest if there already any devices available in the market, that could satisfy my needs or if I could assemple one in a  DIY project.

I would greatly appreciate any help extended in this regard.

Thanks and best regards.

Hi it all depends on what part of the world you are in. 

your main issue is going to be camera on a child and in a school 

Yep, that can be an issue but I think I can deal with it, through discussion with the administration. But only if I could provide myself a device like that ...

Hi. Administration could not give you approval……. Collecting data of other kids (faces) you would need permission from every parent with a child at that school

plus GDPR requirements on the school side …. You would need to be a data handler 

you are best just using AirTags from apple

3 hours ago, tomcctv said:

AirTags from apple

It works only when there are other Apple phones in the vicinity. Apple phones currently hold just a 3.9% market share in the country. Moreover, other GPS tracking devices are not 100% reliable.

I never thought about GDPR. Thanks for mentioning. What remedy do I have?