wolvyreen

EZVIZ C3X double-vision when using night vision

Hello All

I really need advice here.

We have been using this camera now for only 5 days.

We have reset the camera multiple times and powered it off and on multiple times, reconfigured it multiple times. Upgraded the firmware and set every setting we can think of.

Nothing takes away ghosting effect when the camera is functioning in night vision mode.

When it's running in daytime or at night with a nearby light source there is no issues but shows ghosting when it is running in night vision mode.

Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have any suggestions for me?

See screenshots for examples:

DAYTIME

IMG_20230706_201445-1.jpg.9c9639a1398794d57ab96a7cb020f0a0.jpg

NIGHT TIME WITH NEARBY LIGHT SOURCE

IMG_20230706_201353-1.jpg.0561b9927d18d27f2ff9f0548d9d9bf4.jpg

NIGHT TIME WITH NEARBY LIGHT SOURCE SWITCHED OFF

IMG_20230706_201432-1.jpg.29e3264f601c16191667f8e5d4b65ef9.jpg

Hi …… this could be a few things as it looks like a setup problem or faulty camera 

colour night you should see a white light from the camera …. Your last night image does not show this ….. so might have a faulty light …. What are your night images like with IR on ( should go black/white)

also are you using SD card or cloud storage 

but I will say these ezviz cameras are a waste of time and waste of money …. After your 30 days then monthly costs start to take effect…. With cctv cameras you don’t have monthly costs or have a 3rd party over something you own 

which country are you in ?

I have this same camera at a different site and there are no issues with that one.

Regarding your comment:

colour night you should see a white light from the camera …. Your last night image does not show this ….. so might have a faulty light …. What are your night images like with IR on ( should go black/white)

I'm not sure how familiar you are with this camera but the camera has colour night vision as it has two lenses to determine the colours during a night time shot while infrared is on. There is no permanent spot light from the camera during the night. Just the IR is dosed to be on.

It does have IR as well as far as I'm aware which is the last picture I attached. I know that you might say that it should go black and white but that is why this camera is slightly different. The IR is on and is working but the second lense adds colour to the shot. 

However, as you can see, even the IR is on, we have ghosting.

also are you using SD card or cloud storage 

Not sure why this is important but no, we are not using the cloud but we are using an SD card.

1 hour ago, wolvyreen said:

I'm not sure how familiar you are with this camera but the camera has colour night vision as it has two lenses to determine the colours during a night time shot while infrared is on.

Hi I know the cameras very well 

two lens …. One colour one black/white 

if your seeing the IR light while in colour then your not in true night mode …. It has to be black/white or IR will not work it does not work in colour

Not sure why this is important but nowe are not using the cloud but we are using an SD card.

it can make a big difference….. size of sd card also speed of sd card so what type of card are you using

if you used the qr code to setup then yes your using the cloud