nicobar

Hikvision Modular Intercom: how to setup "outer door station" ?

Hi all,

I am setting up a modular intercom system featuring two outdoor units DS-KD8003IME1(B), each with keypad, and a few indoor stations.

The standard procedure to setup two Hikvision outdoor stations is to setup one as "main outdoor station" (No. 0) and the other as "Sub Door Station" (No.1), then in the Device Management Page of the Main station add the sub station and the indoor station. By doing that it will work as explained in many YouTube videos.

What nobody talks about, nowhere including Hikvision material, is what the alternative "outer door station" mode is. And nowhere it's explained how to set it up. The problem is, once you set a door station as "outer door station", and reboot it, the "Device Management" page is no longer visible, therefore you cannot add the indoor station anymore to link to it and the system won't work.

How do you set it up to work together with the Main outdoor station? And no, you cannot add the outer door station in the Device Management page of the Main door station: "outer door station" is not an option.

Note:  I am asking this because with keypads and the standard setup (main door station + sub door station), the keypad passwords are shared between the two devices (the Passwords page is not visible in the sub door interface).

But in my case, I need to keep them separate (say gardeners with their password can access the property but not the house, while I must bee able to access both).

The "Outer door station" mode seems to allow that , but how do you make it work, how do you set it up?

Thanks to anyone who may be able to help!