Sign in to follow this  
Toolman60_99

New to CCTV

Hello,

I am new to CCTV setup and operations. My daughter is wanting to put some cameras up around the property to watch the wildlife and feral cat's.

I was looking at getting her a couple Pelco camera's and housings. There is ton's of surplus Pelco for sale but I have a couple questions on the setup of the system.

1) On the  Pelco EH3512-2 camera housing which is the 24v housing will that housing and camera have 2 separate 24v feeds? 1 for the heater and fan and 1 for the camera? Will be feeding cameras from Pelco MCS16-20 power supply. Just trying to get idea of how much conduit I need along with RG59 with power feed and if I need separate run for the housing.

2) Will the Pelco DVR DX8100,4500 work for her recording?

3) Using the Pelco CC3701H-2 cameras.

Thanks

Tim

Hi if you have already bought the secondhand units then I would say you have wasted your money and paid more than I new system would of cost

the dvr you have listed is 2008 so to old for remote viewing as it is not supported anymore

have you bought the equipment already ?

5 hours ago, Toolman60_99 said:

No all I have is the power supply.

Hi. The pelco power supply again is old 2007

24v is not used anymore except for large ptz cameras 12v is the standard now or Poe on network cameras 

pelco was a good name but not on old equipment and on sites such as eBay pelco holds there price but old and waste of money 

how many cameras and what budget do you have in mind 

Well not really set up a budget.They are being used as part time wildlife cameras. But was looking at 2 or 3 camera's for her to play with I think will cover the pasture and the barn area.