Sign in to follow this  
videobruce

Speco tech CCTV system connections issues

I have a CCTV system from Speco Technologies. I'm having an enormous problem with their older DVR D4VXV2. I'm on my 3rd unit and if it isn't one thing it's another. Most of this seems to center on the PC software.

Right now the communication between the desktop and the DVR is almost non-existent. Looking in my Routers active client list, the DVR's static IP address is not there. The only way it ever shows now is with a reboot of the DVR and that only holds for 20 or seconds, then it drops.

I have reset the Router to defaults twice and updated the F?W with no change. The only thing I haven't done is a direct connection between the DVR and the Windows 7 Tower. The other two units had other issues, the 2nd also had a connection issue, but not like this. Anyone out there that has similar model can chime in? I have contacted the manufacture, but no luck or solution there.

I opened a command prompt and typed in 'ping' w/ the address. It returned 3 lines, then closed before it finished the process. I did it 3 times with the same result.

The Speco cameras are NOT IP, but coaxial. The access is LAN (local) not remote. Any questions, please ask.

Since no one replied, the problem was/is the software. I went back to the old version from a year ago, and that seems to run fine. There are far more details than that, but that should suffice.