Sign in to follow this  
LesBooth20

Software to access NVR

Not sure if this is the right place - feel free to move topic if it isn't

Had a CCTV system installed by a local company approx 18 months ago. NVR is SF-NVR6108-4KE-8P with three cameras

NVR is accessed via desktop PC running Win10 64bit home network using IE8 (don't ask !)

Been having a few problems with capture and downloading playback recently and contacted the company for help.

Using Aeroadmin they attempted to resolve the problem on the existing software ( no proprietary name as far as I can see) but were unsuccessful.

They then tried to install Safire Connect but it failed because of a missing MSVCP120.dll

They have now advised me to upgrade to Win11 as they believe that the problem lies with my PC - they will then try to help again

I consider my PC to be a reasonable spec' - is there any other software/solution I can try ?

Grateful for any help

Les Booth

Hi. This is a discontinued unit and last support was 7 months ago

but that should not stop functions working unless nvr or cameras have had a software update

are you Poe camera to nvr or on a network

what cameras are you using 

and one of the main problems with that system was ports….. under network is your nvr using port 8080 …. If so change to 5550

and also change settings on pc application to match.

Sorry don't understand "are you Poe camera to nvr or on a network"

On ports - only info' I can find is

HTTP Port   80

RTSP Port    554

HTTPS Port   443

Server port 8000

9 minutes ago, LesBooth20 said:

Sorry don't understand "are you Poe camera to nvr or on a network"

Cameras Poe …… can either be connected 

cat5 from camera direct to nvr (Poe) if nvr supports poe

cat5 from camera to a Poe switch and either then connected to nvr via one cat5 from switch or connected to a router that nvr is also connected too

your server port 8000 ……you need to change that to 5550 …. And also change it on your pc software configuration of nvr software

Have managed to find missing dll for Safire which a techie friend has installed for me. Safire now up and running - thankyou for taking the time to help. Most grateful.

Les Booth