ncpilot

Video Insight products

In the past I've been able to look at the specs on the various capture cards, but the new Video-Insight website has absolutely no links (that I can find) that gives any info on the various cards.

Have they stopped selling them to end-users? Is it only complete systems now?

It's very disconcerting, since this product is just about 99.9% what I've decided I want to use for my home system--I really like the apparent robustness of the software and the platform on which it is built... but if they've made changes to availability, then my only other reasonable choice seems to be Geo (nothing against it... I just like the software of Video-Insight).

Thomas or VST_Man?

[edit] I just went to the website of securityideas.com--only because I got a hit on it when Googling for Video-Insight, and their links to images from the Video-Insight website appear to be broken, no images appear... further making me wonder what's going on...

I see you have been to our site. We have been a Video Insight board dealer for a long time and to my knowledge nothing has changed. We have sold cards as late a today. I just noticed the links today and I will contact them tomorrow regarding the links. But at any rate the cards are still available. We have their live demo on our demo page http://www.securityideas.com/demos.html

Video Insight has not changed. They have never sold to end users nor are they going to start. If you call them up, they can point you in the right direction to find the closest dealer. This is in your best interest as you can also get local support on the card. They have a link to find your local dealer on their page. They still sell just the cards if thats what your looking for.

One cool thing is that Video Insight offers end user support with registration of their products. This is a huge plus!

I don't have an issue with the requirement to go to a dealer, I'm not saying I expect to buy from them, and some time ago, I was in touch with a dealer rep that could help me... What I'm asking is why they've apparently gone from providing information on their site, allowing people to do research, versus providing no information.

Sorry when I said "sell to end user", what I meant was that by no longer providing information on the cards, separate from complete systems (which is all they advertise on their site), I drew the conclusion that perhaps they simply were not available on their own...

How do I even know if I'm really interested in their DVR cards if I can't see their product line? The internet is a key way to perform research. They've eliminated that option... What about new product releases? If info isn't available on the company's own site, where does a consumer go? How do I know they may have released a new card? Etc...

And, although I trust that dealers will try to provide accurate information about the products they carry, I still like to go to the source.

Look at what happened with securityideas, their links were broken--now how does that help me as a potential customer? What confidence does it give me that a dealer is selling something, but the informational links are broken?

I'm just saying it worries me when this happens with a manufacturer--no matter what the product. I was hoping someone here noticed the change and knew something about it...

It's good to know though that cards are still available... thanks for the feedback...

If you have questions, feel free to ask. We deal with Video Insight and there are other dealers on the forum that deal with them as well.

Ask and you shall get answers!

If you have questions, feel free to ask. We deal with Video Insight and there are other dealers on the forum that deal with them as well.

Ask and you shall get answers!

I didnt realise Sony manufactured IR Bullet Cams now

Ok... I had a conversation with a few people at Video-Insight today, and indeed, they are attempting to change their business focus from a hardware company to a software company with integrated solutions for CCTV...

They did remove info on their site about their video cards, but of course, as has been pointed out here, they do still sell cards.

In the "earlier years" they saw hardware as their market, geared towards the more technically inclined end user that wanted buy a video card and put together their own system--to a large degree based on the need to be competitive with Geovision.

Obviously, by concentrating on an integrated solution, tech support should become a bit easier compared to supporting video cards in who knows what kind of computer configuration.

They also see IP systems as becoming more important and prevalent in the future, and feel their software/system approach is the way to go (if I remember everything correctly)...

Very interesting conversation...