Whatthehex

Recommendations for AI based NVR?

We have a Hikvision DS-96128NI-I24/H NVR with 80TB storage. After seeing a demo of an AI system, and how easy and fast it was to search, I was wondering what NVRs out there have advanced AI search and features that can purchased rather than pay a monthly fee for the service which for 32 cameras gets quite expensive. Would like to replace the Hikvision NVR with something more robust with very good, fast, intuitive search capabilities. Anyone have such a system and are you happy with it?

16 hours ago, Whatthehex said:

We have a Hikvision DS-96128NI-I24/H NVR with 80TB storage. After seeing a demo of an AI system, and how easy and fast it was to search, I was wondering what NVRs out there have advanced AI search and features that can purchased rather than pay a monthly fee for the service which for 32 cameras gets quite expensive. Would like to replace the Hikvision NVR with something more robust with very good, fast, intuitive search capabilities. Anyone have such a system and are you happy with it?

Hi. As you can see from posts over 10 years ago I am not a fan of hikvision it’s always been clunky and out of date. 
where are you based ??? 
what functions of Ai are you looking at using with your system ?

most Ai nvrs also need Ai comparable cameras so just swapping out your nvr is not going to help 

what is your budget ? I have been using TVT for over 8 years and I have not seen anything better as of yet and the Ai side works well and no extra costs 

We really like the Lumana AI system. In the demo it was very fast and easy to search for anything. Basically it is indexing A LOT of data such as car types, colors, plates, people, if they are carrying a package or not, etc. They install some hardware at your facility that does the video processing. Another benefit is that it's the hardware in the AI video processor that does all the work, vs it being done by the camera. You have advanced search functions even with totally dumb cameras. The only issue is that it gets rather pricy as you are charged a monthly fee per camera. That lead us to start looking to see if something similar is available that one can purchase rather than pay a monthly fee.

We probably don't do the volume of searches that would make the cost of Lumana justifiable to management but we are interested in something like that which allows the feed from any camera to be used for advanced searches. We're located in CA.  Our Hikvison NVR was ~$5,000. Budget depends on what it can do and what it may be able to save us in terms of being able to use cheaper cameras and waste less time when we do searches. If we had the Lumana system we'd probably do a lot more searches because it's so easy and fast to look for staff not doing their job for opportunities to boost productivity, etc. Now we only do searches when something big happens that we need to document. 

I've never tried a PC based NVR. Not sure if using a PC based system might be better than using the Hikvision.