rpogge

WDR camera for dark room with bright light sources.

Only WDR cam i have tested so far is the KT&C, NUVICO is still backordered, and the BOSH wasnt WDR , they lied to me

The KTC works pretty well, the colors look wierd, but it eliminates alot of glare/shadow.

WDR didn't work well in the dark room in question, however here is it beside a normal day/night honeywell dome in our shop.

The one on the left is the KT&C WDR dome , the one on the right is the honeywell day/night dome.

50973_1.jpg

Any word on when you will be receiving the Nuvico WDR Dome?

I was thinking about getting one, but it would be nice to see a sample shot before hand.

Rory, I tried the link to that Nuvico camera and I couldn't get anything to come up other then a menu. Do you have to register just to look at their camera specs?

Any word on when you will be receiving the Nuvico WDR Dome?

I was thinking about getting one, but it would be nice to see a sample shot before hand.

Rory, I tried the link to that Nuvico camera and I couldn't get anything to come up other then a menu. Do you have to register just to look at their camera specs?

No it should come right up, I just clicked on it now and its fine ...

Im trying to talk some people into buying some Nuvico cameras to test out now, will see what happens.

Has anyone tried those Nuvico's yet? We have used the Samsung SVD-4120A, cameras are OK, expected more for the price. My tech accidently ordered the Nuvico CV-WDR266-AI, after discovering it was a CMOS camera he returned it. Trying to decide between Nuvico and KT&C; would like to continue using the pano 484's but can't... damn budget. Looking for good WDR fixed dome cameras at a reasonable price. Any input is appreciated.

The only WDR's in bosch range are the XF and the XF DN and they both perform very well, the Ganz is good too but screws with the colours.

The comment before is right WDR is a statement not a figure and different cameras have different abilities

For instance most 10bit cameras can see roughly 512 Light Levels but 15Bit cameras can see 10,000 the same goes for colour range.

60063_1.jpg

60063_2.jpg

60063_3.jpg

60063_4.jpg

60063_5.jpg

60063_6.jpg

CCTV_Down_Under:

The GE's are 2500-9500K color range .. guess the same as the bosch?

G-men:

Many of the WDRs on the market you will find are CMOS now, at least the ones that use the Pixem chip, which are most of the brand names you know well (not Pano or Bosch though). Dont let it fret you though, its not the cheap CMOS gear. BUT, i have the latest GE WDR CMOS and their CCD Day Night WDR cameras here to test, will post some results when done. Hope to test them both this weekend.

If their CMOS WDR still suks, as it did back in their UltraView (first generation), I will certainly let you know. Thing is, its not cheaper than the Pano, but at least it can give us an idea on how the other cheaper brands will perform which use the same chip. I really want the Day Night to test which I received, as it is inexpensive and their older CamPlus Day Night was very good, short of not having WDR, this one even has a Dynamic Range, dont know how good it is but will see.

http://www.pixim.com/html/prod_cameras_dome.htm

http://www.pixim.com/html/prod_cameras_box.htm

Rory