DeathtoToasters1

Pool reflection Issues.....is Auto Iris needed? What is it?

Ok,

Well I have replaced all my other crappy cameras with the NUVICO NVCC-HW3895IR36N. I am really happy with the cameras BUT am running into an issue with one of the cameras.

During the day I can see everything that is outside of a 5 ft radius of the pool. At night the views are fine and I can see everything I need to.

Someone suggested that maybe an Auto-Iris camera is the way to go to counteract the glare.

Is that what is needed?

Any help would be great.

glad to hear of the upgrade

That is an Auto Iris.

I havent used that camera, but similar ones im working with right now have an Iris Level .. it will be a small screw terminal on its own .. see if you can locate it .. depending on the camera, turning to the left normally is darker (close iris), right is brighter (open iris) .. however be careful as if adjusted during full sunlight you can effect the night time image.

There should be some dipswitches also .. flicker, BLC, maybe others .. Flicker ON seems to make it brighter also, from testing indoors with lots of Light .. and BLC maybe also .. play with those dip switches before adjusting the Iris level .. just incase .. these i have here though, out of the box so far needed no adjutsments at all .. didnt even require focusing except for one which Ill be installing tomorrow that will be focused at 6-8mm ..

Also, there may also be another screw terminal, only not a normal screw head .. dont touch that one ... something to do with Power. The Nuvico may have more documentation than these OEMs i have though .. let us know.

Rory

Cool .. any day images .. also lets see them when they are all on

where is the pool though?

The top and middle row, far right pictures are the two views of the back yard.

On the top picture the pool is in the upper left corner. On the middle right hand picture it is on the upper right hand corner. You can only see half of it.

Here are some day pics:

49946_1.jpg

The upper left hand corner pic is from a PTZ I have installed.

The pool glare pic is the middle row, middle pic and then middle pic, third row on the upper right corner.

You can see the glare and basic lack of ANY picture from that location.

Advice?

the center pic, looks like the iris is open too much .. or the AGC is on SAGC .. try adjusting that ... also check the DVR settings .. they also have AGC in some of them ..

or bad connection, bad DVR port, or bad camera ..

have you tested each one on an analog monitor first? (CCTV Monitor or TV)

the center pic, looks like the iris is open too much .. or the AGC is on SAGC .. try adjusting that ... also check the DVR settings .. they also have AGC in some of them ..

or bad connection, bad DVR port, or bad camera ..

have you tested each one on an analog monitor first? (CCTV Monitor or TV)

Here is an update pic:

50504_1.jpg

I adjusted the dip switches as suggested, and did the iris (little dial thingy) and this was the best I could do.

Trying to adjust that little dial took me over an hour!! Even a little turn made it black or the looking into the sun.

Well anyway it is slightly better.

Thoughts?

why dont you try to to put one of the exact same cameras from the other locations and put it in that one problem area. Then check and see if you are still getting the same issues from the shot. That is a pretty demanding shot of a standard camera.

Or try taking the camera down and taking it inside and set it up in normal to low light conditions. If you have an auto iris camera that is working properly then when it goes back into the area of bright light it will check the video level and adjust accordingly. if not well then you need a RMA

Glare and Lightwise it looks better ..

Out of 8 Day Night IR Bullets I got here, I also had 1 that has the Iris open too much .. same issue but wasnt as bright .. I guess the Factories just mess up sometimes ..

just because i am an idiot and to for reference so i dont get confused with all rows and what not lets use this a quick reference

spritenine.jpg

I really dont think that it is the iris level of the camera.

To me I think that the number 4 camera has alot more demand contrast wise than any others. Look at how much of the shot of number 4 is dark and how much is bright. Pretty close to half.

Now look at camera 6 it has the convience of looking from inside the darker side down the farthest possible lenght of the dark side of the contrasted view. So about 65%-70% of the cameras shot has no significant contrast changes. Until you get to the far top right corner.

see what I am saying? Camera 4 is going across a bright side into the darker side and back across into the light side at the far end of the shot.

But camera camera 6 is just looking at a pretty easy shot until you get to the contrasted area on the right side.

I dont think it is so much the iris. Now the color reproduction may be a different story. Look at the color of your house and compare with other shots. Looks wierd.

LOL .. number 7 got me dizzy ...

Maybe do what Isaac said .. take 3 or 5 (using his numbers) and put in place of 4 .. as those cameras seem fine ..

Also, try switching the cameras on the DVR itself .. see if that makes a diff .. im sure the DM has an AGC control built into the software so perhaps check that also ..

The problem you are seeing would be solved by using a camera that has a wide dynamic range support, firstly turn of flicker and BLC as this is not your issue, I am not sure about flicker becasue I think it is for fluro lighting and the flicker oscillation effect, perhaps coops knows, but your BLC will cause that area to flare, you need to take that camera on a lead and look from the same lighting to the glare to test...so take it from out of the shade and point it at the glared area and see if it stabalises, my bet is that the dynamic range is your issue

Ok, Here we go with some more interesting pics.

50565_1.jpg

The upper left picture is a KT&C 600N

The upper right picture is the Nuvico NVCC-HW3895IR36N (A direct replacement for the one I had in there yesterday and all the other previous pics with this view)

The bottom right is the KT&C KPT-SD301FH. The WDR PTZ dome camera. Obviously the opposite view, which was talked about above.

Well from what I see, the KT&C, even though is is cheaper then the Nuvico, has a much better picture on glare. Kinda of surprising.

The resolution is also better 550TVL vs 480TVL.

Trust me when I say I did my BEST to focus the Nuvico the best I could.

Ok....let the expressing of thoughts begin!

The upper right picture is the Nuvico NVCC-HW3895IR36N (A direct replacement for the one I had in there yesterday and all the other previous pics with this view)

The bottom right is the KT&C KPT-SD301FH. The WDR PTZ dome camera. Obviously the opposite view, which was talked about above.

Well from what I see, the KT&C, even though is is cheaper then the Nuvico, has a much better picture on glare. Kinda of surprising.

Seems like maybe a DVR issue .. did you try switching the port ... put camera 5 on a different input on the DVR .. that amount of light you have there should not cause an issue.

Also, are you using 12VDC or 24VAC?

Also, Can you run a temporary Coax direct out to that camera location and seewhat it gives .. or just plug in a monitor right to the camera ... I Really doubt its that one camera is better than the other .. my $50 color bullet has a better image than that even with full sunlight right at it.

Seems like maybe a DVR issue .. did you try switching the port ... put camera 5 on a different input on the DVR .. that amount of light you have there should not cause an issue.

Also, are you using 12VDC or 24VAC?

Also, Can you run a temporary Coax direct out to that camera location and seewhat it gives .. or just plug in a monitor right to the camera ... I Really doubt its that one camera is better than the other .. my $50 color bullet has a better image than that even with full sunlight right at it.

Everything I am running is 24 volt except for the kt&c camera.

I will try and swtich the ports tonight and see if that makes a difference.

No I cannot run a new coax out there as it would be a very long piece of coax and unless I plan on digging up my whole yard, I would have no way to make it permament.

I can get a monitor and run a short piece of coax just to see if the camera picture looks better on that screen, if that is what you are asking me to try. Is it?

So you are saying the glare is still not right...or just the quality if the picture itself?

All the cameras seem to look the same, except for the ptz's, but they have auto focus and a bunch of other stuff you all know about.

BTW - Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it, and for those who don't, THANKS for the day off!