Arockerdude

NewDay Night cameras look snowy

Yes I agree with the extra camera on the car. Problem is my Dvr is only 4 cams. It is set to the highest quality. 60 FPS Soon I well get the Geovision 800 and will be able to set up more cams. I will try to narrow down the field of view some for now. Dave

Objectives change though, often peoples first objective is to see as much as possible. When a system is installed, people love it, they can see a nice big area, and as long as nothing happens, they could be happy for years.

Their objective will soon change radically when they replay the footage, and realise that the nice wide shot does not give any detail, or the low resolution and or high compression settings they chose to get longer recording times mean they cant identify the difference between a elephant and a zebra at 10 meters.

Unless its permanantly monitored, and ptzm then I would go for two cams, one for overview, and one focused close up on the car+a tall persons height all around it.

The camera close up to the car will provide a boring view 99.99 percent of the time, but will be worth its weight in gold if it gives a nice clear close up shot of the culprit.

Mind you, you will always have to park the car in the same spot every time

If you do set up another cam, make sure you go out in the dark, and pretend to break into your car, to see if the replay can make out enough details - often what looks fine live is not up to scratch when recorded.

In a instance where that happens, sacrifice recording time for quality, whats more important, a couple of weeks worth of recording of not that good quality, or a day or two only of top quality recording?

well put