shaikha

GV-650 & Ruby POS System

Hi, I really need help with this. I have connected my pos with gv system and I think i'm connected fine. The reason I say that is I tested communication with pos to gv system thru hyper terminal and I can see the data in hyper terminal window but no text relay on the screen it self, please help. Is there any special settings that I need to configure on the software? I'm using ver. 6.1.

just make sure you have the text overlay settings corrected

how are you connecting the GV-Data capture to the DVR?

How are you connecting the POS to the GV-Data?

if you can't find any help give geovision a call and they can help you out, if you need the US number let me know

thanks for the reply. I got POS connected to data capture (V2) thru DB25 interface. Veriphone printer is connected thru same interface. Databox is connected thru DB9 (Serial port) to GV-system. I did my testing on hyper terminal on gv-system (computer). here is link for printing mode manual

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/faq/POSflowchart/The_printing_mode_of_POS_system_cash_register.pdf

I get some thing like figure 1 on page 7 of this manual. This makes me think I got connections right but the problem is some where in the software settings.

does the gv-data capture box have a serial port only sticker?

what length is the serial cable to dvr?

check your com ports in device manager, make sure there are no driver issues

make sure you are pointing the pos settings to the right com port

**personally i would use the gv-com and communicate through usb to the dvr (it creates a virtual com port that is clearly labeled), then from the gv-data capture box to the gv-com use rs-485 (2 conductor wire)

I really appriciate your help. gv-data does not have serial only stricker. physical distance is less then 10m. Actually I have gv-com and I have tried connecting thru this setup as well.