dedyandy

Long Range Wireless Survellance System for Police Use

I have browsed for more than 50 sites to look for my requirements of Long Range Wireless Survellance System. However, they

all look like "toys" for my requirements.

Some companies only sell one or two that meet my requirements, but not a "turn-key solution".

Could anyone help me to find companies who are in this kind of business?

Please find the following specifications:

1. Four cameras. Each is equipped with tele zoom lens capable of 1000 meters of optical zooming range, at minimum.

2. The cameras and transmitters use solar power or any other power sources, but not from an electrical outlet (still need to

be plugged in to an electrical outlet)

3. The transmission capability between the transmitters and the receiver must be 500 meters at minimum (taken into account

blocking objects/line of sight problem).

4. The cameras can be controlled wirelessly. It includes setting the direction, zoom, etc.

5. Receiver (at least 4 channels).

6. Recording device.

Thanks,

Andy.

Reality check......but you're not going to find any one company who can provide a turn-key solution. Your application is unique, but sounds like a border type environment where you want to see an object far away, control the camera, record the signal, plus send the signal/control to another site.....all this with solar power or no local power?

Companies such as http://www.videotransmitters.com/ can provide you with low power video solutions with telemetry for the distance you mentioned. With 4 channels and some installs without line of sight, you will have a challenge.

As well, with wireless video links with telemetry, and high powered zoom lens, you will experience lag in telemetry transmission and never achieve zooming in to your target......(ie you're zoomed in...tilt the camera up and you miss the target....tilt down and you miss it again. I've done this before, so this is what you'll experience. Look for a proportional/variable speed pan/tilt so you can reduce this.

I know this doesn't help you much, but there are many factors like this to consider when going wireless.

Good Luck and hope you find answers.

As a company that ONLY does what you are trying to do, I will tell you right now that you will have problems with some of your requirements.

Unless you are talking about fixed cameras with 1000 meter zoom range, you will most likely not be able to mount 4 cameras for use with solar.

Anything past 2 (12VDC) PTZ's (Even if you could find one that can zoom 1000 meters optically) absolutely will eat up even a moderately sized solar system. To get a face or license plate (clearly) at over 1/2 mile would require a 50x or 60x optical lens-- neither of which are currently available with a dome style camera (I believe 35 or 36x is the highest).

If you get an "Esprit" style positioner and mount a custom box camera with long range lens, you could probably get these specs (very expensive), but you will not be able to find anything in this realm that can run off of solar (at least reliably)-- they all take too much power.

500 meters of wireless is easy, pretty much anything you buy will do 500 meters. We have links that exceed 32,000 meters. Of course, you have to have height on both ends (80' to 100' at times) to accomplish this.

if its just for short term surveilance you could always look into battery power, some quality high amp hour sealed lead acid batteries should do the trick for a 24v pan tilt head, camera and lens.

Obviously the length of the surveilance operation would dictate the size and amount of the batteries required, you could use solar power to charge them a little to extend their life, but I would plan it as a battery only job, recharge before and after use.

We can be your "turnkey" solution. We build portable systems just like that for homeland security and law enforcement.

Rooney, those are cool looking units, almost like mini versions of our mobile units. One question though, how vandal resistant are they? Looks like the tower isn't that tall and the solar is mounted at ground level-- at least in the pics on your site...

Rooney, those are cool looking units, almost like mini versions of our mobile units. One question though, how vandal resistant are they? Looks like the tower isn't that tall and the solar is mounted at ground level-- at least in the pics on your site...

They are VERY vandal resistant. The military units do not require the security our other units require because they are in areas where there are military personnel. Our stand alone unit has internal sensors that sense movement or shock to the unit. All cabling is internal to disuade tampering. The mast comes in 7-10 meter versions and are designed to withstand over 125 mph winds with 10 sq. ft. sail area at top. They are capable of a mast payload of over 400 lbs. The solar units come in differing configurations to allow the panels to be located to the best exposure. We do not mount the solar panels on the mast for stability purposes in high winds. The systems have a special locking system that enables long range video and point-to-point communications without the shakiness other systems have. Our systems are tested to -40f to 140f and also have gone through 72 hour rain testing and humidity 95% condensing.