Cooperman

New CCTV information website

DVR Expert,

I won't argue with the logic of what facilities a Digital Recorder can (and of course, not all do) offer over analogue, but I think from reading through some of the other postings on this site, it is clear that things do work differently in different countries (it's a shame not everyone registers what country they are in, as it would save a lot of second guessing when posting replies).

You are of course spot on to highlight many of the advantages of Digital, but of course, if I was going to play devils advocate, I could argue that my car has cruise control, ABS brakes, a sunshine roof, and any number of other benefits, which are absolutely useless for sitting in a London traffic jam.

Analog is still outselling Digital in the UK, although as the marketing of new products begins to bite, Time Lapse machines will routinely be replaced with DVR's, simply because it's the easiest thing to do.

Question for you, can you see any possibility of a 'Blu Ray' format "Time Lapse" being developed in the next couple of years? perhaps as a direct replacement for ageing analog 24 Hour machines. Just curious.

I think the point about 'stepper motors' is very relevant on either slow speed (48 Hour+) or where there are a significant number of multiplex fed cameras, which reduce the image uprate to perhaps one picture every three or four seconds (or worse!).

The acid test is what the judge considers acceptable in relation to the severity of the offence, on the day. Personally, anything above one picture every two seconds for analogue would start to seriously concern me.

P.S. I forgot to mention, I'm married to a Tottenham Hotspur supporter, so please don't mention football whilst I'm sober!

He has some good info, although a lot of it is opion made out to be fact. But, it is also an excellent source for info if you can read over the self-promote. Hell, he put a lot of work into site, compared to many I have been too, guess he's entitled to push his stuff....

Bcam