eyecu

Camera(s) not working

I have a four channel Dedicated Micros Digital 4e older version DVR. I have 4 cameras connecteted to it with a Altronix 12volt DC power supply. One of my cameras stopped working, says camera failed. No matter what I do the camera will work for a short time then fail. I have used a seperate power supply,and numerous other cameras. All do the same. I have had four cameras connected to this DVR for over a year. If I hook up the same camera seperately it works (not to DVR). I have also replaced the cable and connectors. is it the DVR or what? Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like the DVR. I've had that problem with the older dedicated micros dvr's before. Another way to check it is to move the cameras to different inputs and see if the same channel goes out. There are places that still fix them. The last one I got fixed for a bad channel cost $340.

I tried switching channels, however the camera still failed. The other cameras work in that channel.

I tried switching channels, however the camera still failed. The other cameras work in that channel.

It sounds like you are getting video loss from the camera or a weak signal. How far of a run is the camera from the DVR? If you have a coax tester you can determine the loss. Or you can get a signal amp and put it on that channel.

Was the video clear before it goes out? Snowy, bouncing, etc..?

If you power down the camera for awhile and power it up does it come back for a few minutes then go out again? I'm trying to see if the camera goes out after it warms up. You can also try one of your other cameras in the location of the bad one and see if it goes out.

After all this and nothing helps I would say you shoudn't feed them after midnite. (gremlins)