siward

DVR Card installation help

Hi All,

I have purchased a cctv set-up, I fitted the dvr card to my pc and turned it on but windows wont start up , The pc powers up and does a memory check but then nothing happens. I removed the dvr card and turned on the pc and windows started up as normal. Could this be a faulty card? Or am i missing something?

My pc is running windows xp and the specs are

AMD Athlon 64 processor

512 ddr-ram

2x 150gb hdd

geforce fx5600 graphics card

tv card

I purchased the cctv system from the link below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200038642364&rd=1&rd=1

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Simon

What exactly happens? What is on the screen, how long was it like that, any beeps etc? Did it look like it was starting to load windows, or does it fail on the power up self test?

I would try it in another slot, make sure its firmly in.

Check the manual, make sure it does not state that you have to install drivers before you install the card or anything else that could be a problem.

Its also possible that you may have a conflict with another card (probably the tv card) so if you cant get anywhere with other slots, try removing the tv card as a test.

It failed on the power up self test, it just stopped and froze, I tried it a few times but the same thing happened every time.

Thanks for the advise, I will try the card in another slot tomorrow and if no luck i will remove the tv card and try that

Cheers

Simon