blowrabbit

poe for IP cam along with poa for analoge cams

can you configure a dsl router to provide [POE] power and video for a IP cam at the same time as you use it for say a typical ge dvmre wavelet remote system with 24 vlt powered cameras?

Yes and No.

There are port injectors that can be added to a port to make it PoE. But they aren't cheap and you need to make sure they match the PoE spec you'll be using.

maybe this is a better way for me ask the question? if i enable POE on my DSL line to facilate an IP camera can i still use the same line/router for conventionally powered cctv cameras for remote viewing in a seperate software [ge wavelet] program?

Assuming your gear all supports PoE then yes. You should have some non-PoE ports on your router/switch/hub.

You need a router capable of PoE supply. Type "PoE router" into google. You will also want to use a camera capable of PoE. If you try to rig something up, you could damage your router or computer.

I would suggest you google on "power injector" and 802.3AF. This will get you an industry standard PowerOverEthernet device that goes inline (between any router and your camera). This'll provide you more flexibility on your router choices..

Schwazche