homeless2

Geovision LPR (License Plate Recognition)

Anyone ever used this product? How does it work?

I used it for myself and installed it for some of my customers. They are all very satisfied with the product. It really hits 95%, depending on device placement and weather (if outdoor). But I always strictly followed advices given by Geovision guys, when choosing and installing LPR cameras and other stuff. It's very important. You can see some technicals here:

http://www.polvision.com.pl/files.asp?lang=en&find={gv-lpr}

The products is fast, stable, reliable and very flexible. Can be integrated with other IT systems via Access database (MDB), MS-SQL (available soon), RS232 and text file (e.g. for scripting). Thanks to possible cooperation between Multicam I/O ports and LPR I/O ports, you can build some logic into your LPR applications, for example we successfully use it to control traffic through truck weigh systems.

What's more, some companies in Poland, which specilize in traffic and LPR systems, after just few weeks of testing, switched to GV-LPR systems, instead of their own solutions.

One thing they could make better and more professional is GUI - user interface looks like a toy for me but it's definitely not a toy.