ran

Modulating video with cable and satellite

Hey all,

I was asked to modify an existing setup that has a security camera at the front entrance of the apartment building.

Currently, the security camera is being modulated on channel 109? over the local cable service. They recently had satellite installed in the building and want to provide the video feed to tenants that choose to go with satellite rather than the cable service.

The head end for the satellite is right above the cable head end and the modulator. Can anybody advise me on how I can service both these systems with the camera feed? Equipment needed?

Thx... and a Merry Christmas everyone.

Randy

first thing that comes to my mind is called a diplexor (purchased at HomeDepot or Lowes)..................used to combine satellite and regular cable signals...........I used them once to combine both to tv & satellite......BUT, make sure you research the DC voltage side of satellite signalling BEFORE you connect/test your theories. Satellite cabling has a DC voltage induced on the cable that is used for controlling the LNB on the satellite dish. If you attempt to combine both withoput using a DC block you will blow something up in the process.

There is most likely better tech stuff available now so research and post your results after you win. I'd like to know how it turns out.

Diplexor should work as catv freq's do not overlap with sat ones..

you need two of them.. one at the source, and then split it at the receiver again one line goes into the sat box and one goes right to the tv and you put it on whatever channel the cam is modulated to

Diplexor should work as catv freq's do not overlap with sat ones..

you need two of them.. one at the source, and then split it at the receiver again one line goes into the sat box and one goes right to the tv and you put it on whatever channel the cam is modulated to

Should...but doesn't.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=22763