unit979

Need quick help! Video issue with monitor to Kalatel dvr

Ok, I just installed a 10ct 320 dvr (Kalatel) in a bar. He wanted to keep the outside cameras (front & back) that I have going to 2 seperate monitors that he had from his old system. The 8 of my cameras are working excellent.

His old system was a Wal-Mart style with the cat5 going into the back of the monitors that processed 4 cameras.

What I have done was I used one monitor/camera that he already had for the front and the same for the back, so he could easily see people entering & leaving. It looks good on the 2 monitors.

The problem I have is when I used the rca (video) and adapted it to coax to run it to the dvr, the pictures are messed up. It has wavy lines that run up the monitor (main monitor for all cameras), kind of like a tracking problem on a VHS tape. It is about a 50' run from his old monitors to the dvr location & main monitor. I even tried running a 50' rca cable with a adapter to bnc & it did the same thing.

WHAT IS GOING ON!!! I also install dish network, and have came across a couple of boosters from the cable company. But this being my first main install, I don't know if these type of boosters can be used, or if it would fry the system.

Please anyone help if they can. The bar owner is getting a little upset, since the install was done a while back, & I still don't have this resolved. Also, I cant get rest of payment until this is resolved.

Thanks in advanced!!! BTW, I AM A NEWBIE!!!

Brad Wright

(765)251-1110

If those 2 Monitors/Cameras are getting powered elsewhere, then this could be a ground loop. Run an extension cord to the main DVR location and plug them all into the same outlet. See if the problem still exists.

If those 2 Monitors/Cameras are getting powered elsewhere, then this could be a ground loop. Run an extension cord to the main DVR location and plug them all into the same outlet. See if the problem still exists.

Can I just say that "YOU ARE THE MAN"!!!

I ran the extension cord over and works perfectly. It's nice to know people can count on you and this site for help.

Thanks again!!!

Brad

just gonna leave the cord for now. He is talking about remodeling/rewireing soon, so I might do it then.

Thanks alot.

BRAD