Arockerdude

Geovision 800 problem

Hooked up a Geovision 800 card two weeks ago. Software version 8.1

Four cameras. Hooked up so far. Replacing my Swann DVR4Net Plus

Here is my problem. When I leave it in quad mode. It looks pretty good. (Small picture) Records real good also. When I take a camera to full screen. It looks bad! I have bypassed the computer with each camera straight into the AV in on my monitor and they look great. I think my video card may not support De-Interlaceing and maybe not Direct Draw overlay either. I can't find anything in the NVIDEA control panel on either thing. My card is an NVIDEA Geforce FX 5200

Computer is a Pentiun 4 CPU 2.40 MHZ with HT Technology

XP Service Pack 2

512 Mb Ram

Gigabyte Motherboard Intel 865 PE Chipset 800 MHZ front side bus.

Here are some samples of what they look like. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong I would appreciate the info. Thanks Dave

033.jpg.2aac83126f59b99439256d4231404124.jpg

022.jpg.a34616ec5ff363ec8cadf31752fce31c.jpg

011.jpg.4334233e268dd3f0db934b97cf46e110.jpg

You will need to change the video card, or use onboard video if it is Intel Chipset 865 or higher.

Ive used the NVidia 6200 and that didnt work either with Geo, so cant comment on any NVidia cards, but Id suggest looking at an ATI card (or an OEM with the ATI Chipset).

I have a 9250 128MB in my PC, but Id go for at least a 9550 now for an AGP card. I figure that Motherboard is an AGP right?

Yes it is an AGP. I hope I don't need to get into my BIOS because every time I try to get in the Bios. It ask for a password. As far as I can tell it has no on board graphics. Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G P4 Titan Series 865PE. Thanks for the help. Dave

yep no onboard graphics.

No should not have to go into the bios just to change the video card.

But if you need to clear the password, just clear the CMOS.

No, wont effect Windows, just the CMOS (motherboard's Bios), it will set it back to defaults. You may need to change settings like Boot Priorities etc, Sata (if any) etc.

From the Manual:

Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced.

If you want to erase CMOS...

1. Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.

2. Remove the battery, wait for 30 second.

3. Re-install the battery.

4. Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.

no prob .. i'd also look at updating the bios ..

Gigabyte has a windows App that allows you to download the latest bios, if there is a newer one, then flash that while inside Windows. I always update the Bios when I can, but its up to you. If while flashing it looses power or something, you may not be able to get the motherboard to work again.

Here is the latest bios updates for yours

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=1863&ProductName=GA-8IPE1000-G

Or you can goto the Download center (in IE and on the same GB PC) ..

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/DownloadCenter_List.aspx

Wow that sounds kinda risky. I better not flash till I have time to build a new computer. Just in case. I'm looking at the ATI 9550 lots of people make it. Asus, Abit etc. I wonder if I could run two monitors with this card. One for the security cams. And one for the computer.

I don't see anything about the card supporting De-Interlacing I guess it does.

Here is a link to where I was researching the video card.

http://www.nextag.com/9550-ati-radeon/search-html

Thanks Dave

Diamond, Connect 3D, or Saphhire (the one i have here in the 9250 model) should suffice, 128MB would do, if you can afford the 256 then go for it

Yes the ATI Chipsets have all the features required for the Geo cards.

Also they come with drivers from the different brands, but you can use the latest ATI Drivers from ATI's website also.

I picked up the Ati 9550 256 mb. And Installed it with their newest drivers off the internet. But it still looks the same. Not to bad when in quad view but realy bad in full screen. Also the speed is always too fast or too slow. Never nice and smooth. If I bypass the computer. And plug my cameras straight into the monitor they look great. Such a bummer. I never had this problem with the Swann DVR. I don't want to give up on this Geo 800. But I'm getting pretty frustrated with how bad it looks. Dave

if you can, install Ultra VNC on the DVR PC and PM me the login details. Ill make sure it is setup correctly ..

Man your the best Rory. I sure appreciate your help. I did set up that program. Just need to know what to do now. I think I send generate a session key maybe. And send it to you. Please let me know. Thank you very much. Dave

no prob, make sure port 5900 is forwarded if using a router, and if windows firewall is enabled, open port 5900 there also.

Then I just need the IP and password, you need to setup a password in the server admin part.

Rory

So I should turn the firwall on or off? I have no router. I have Comcasr cable internet. I can't see were I can generate a pass word. Should I just give you my ip and the password right here on the forum? Thanks Dave

Yeah just turn off the firewall for now.

When you start the server, there should be a Blue EYE icon in the system tray, click on that and the configure part comes up, there is a text box area with the password in **** .. delete and enter a new one there.

Then PM me the IP and Password.

Rory

I picked up the Ati 9550 256 mb. And Installed it with their newest drivers off the internet. But it still looks the same. Not to bad when in quad view but realy bad in full screen. Also the speed is always too fast or too slow. Never nice and smooth. If I bypass the computer. And plug my cameras straight into the monitor they look great. Such a bummer. I never had this problem with the Swann DVR. I don't want to give up on this Geo 800. But I'm getting pretty frustrated with how bad it looks. Dave

Dave, I just have to ask... Are you running anything else on the system? Anything that might take away from the system's ability to process video?

Also, you mentioned you had the most recent drivers, but you might also want to make sure you have Direct X installed correctly. I know my GV-800 came packaged with it.

Also, are you familiar with how to use windows' peroformance tools?

I'd take Rory up on his offer to check out your system to make sure your settings are correct.

Jack

Nextgen. I put that Ultra VNC on my computer. And Rory went to town on my system. It was cool. I got to sit here and watch him go to town on my system. He even downloaded some cool software and scanned my system. All from the Bahamas. Man technology is great sometimes. Except when it's putting you out of a JOB. Which has happed to me before. That Rory is a great guy. Take care. Dave