hudson

GV-800 version 8.0 problem

I install GV-800 card with version 8.0 software into my PC (Dell Optiplex 210L: 2.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 160 GB Hard drive, Window XP Home), and the Geovision software was installed in system folder (C:\GV800). The system runs normally, but the software (Geovision GV-800 System) silently turned off every 12-18 hrs without any error messages or warnings, so I have to manually restart the software daily.

Another problem is when I upgraded from version 8.0 to 8.02, all my cameras were blacked out and following with a “video lostâ€

Hi, is this a legit Geo card, and if so how old is it?

I would uninstall All Geo software, restart the PC, then delete the folder GV800. Then Reinstall the new Geo software. Version 8.1 is actually available now.

All Settings are contained in Geo INF files in the Windows folder, so those will not be lost.

Also, are you using 1 or 2 partitions? What partitions are the Video Log and Video Data located on?

Hi, is this a legit Geo card, and if so how old is it?

I would uninstall All Geo software, restart the PC, then delete the folder GV800. Then Reinstall the new Geo software. Version 8.1 is actually available now.

All Settings are contained in Geo INF files in the Windows folder, so those will not be lost.

Also, are you using 1 or 2 partitions? What partitions are the Video Log and Video Data located on?

This is a 1 year old legit card. I did uninstall Geo software, delete GV-800, even uninstall OS, but it did not resolve anything. I use only 1 partition, and all my video log and data locate on the same partition. I try to upgrade to v8.1, and I still get the same problem when I upgraded to v8.02

Thanks for reply.

Are you sure its not someone closing the software down on purpose, say a employee or something? Software should not usually close without some sort of message, or indication that its crashed. Guess it can happen, but if your not seeing it happen with your own eyes, ie - you come back to the pc and its closed, then first I would make sure its not someone else playing silly buggers.

How much disk space is left on drive C?

Make sure only the cameras that are working are enabled

Goto the System LOG and look at when it shut down, it should say how the Geo system logged off

This is only the Geo Software turning off, and not the whole PC right?

All else fails, install Ultra VNC and PM me the login details, Ill check it out for you.

Rory

Hi Guys,

my first post so go easy on me,

did anyone ever figure out what the problem was with this system? i have exactly the same issue.

the web server part of geovision stays running for example i can connect to the system remotely and watch back recordings but when i try and view live feeds i just get the error message server close, so i vnc into the machine and open geovision and its all fine again. There is no set time either it can run for as little as 5 mins or as much as 2 days. i know that noone is closing it down as there are only 3 of us in the the office and all the cams are to keep an eye on the car park so there is nothing to gain by turning them off ( also the 3 people own the company ) so thats out of the question.

Thanks in advance

Shoes

How much disk space is left on drive C?

Make sure only the cameras that are working are enabled

Goto the System LOG and look at when it shut down, it should say how the Geo system logged off

This is only the Geo Software turning off, and not the whole PC right?

All else fails, install Ultra VNC and PM me the login details, Ill check it out for you.

Rory

In my opinion it is problem with Motherboard, once Dell´s motherboard isn´t compatible with Geovision´s card.

Try to install the board in anoher PC with Chipset Intel

Regards,