CSCOUT2001

PUZZLE for you all...Horizontal lines from power?

Here is the scenario:

1) Ganz 401 camera with 5 - 50 lens

2) cable run = 300 ft

3) Ties into a PC based DVR

4) problem follows the cable

Camera(point A) to car wash building(point B) and the signal is ok

Cable goes ijnto a plastic conduit that goes under concrete and then pops out inside the store.. signal is bad and many Horizontal lines in signal

We have tried to ground almost everything, we are working on finding out what power source is under the concrete and causing the interferance...

however is there a product to remove the noise??? Much like the noise suppression for you automobile and the stereo?

Looking for any suggestions you may have.

Not looking to dig up his concrete to find the problem.

Thanks and waiting for a light bulb to go off

i did a hospital install recently and we had some long runs and then rackmounted 2 dvrs. i had one or 2 cameras that were getting what you discribe but with a good picture just the lines. i looked back behind the rack and found that the termination was a bit close to a powerstrip/power supply for the rack - i moved the supply away from my dvr/pigtail/coax and presto no more lines.. id also check the bnc connections again

did you homerun the power along with the coax?

Try a Pelco GIT100 ground fault filter. It worked for me when I had the same problem. Just make sure you gorund the GIT100 as well.

BEFORE you buy.........look for the simple things as Griff stated above. Video "noise" ca be caused from many sources.

Is this camera powered by 12VDC? If so, go to your local auto parts store and buy a inline noise filter that usually mount to a car stereo. This will COMPLETELY remove DC line noise.

If you ran the power along with the 300 ft of cable, the problem may be caused there as posted above. Does the ground cable leading from the breaker box enter the ground near the burried cable? Do you have electronic equipment over the burried wire?

I don't want to stray too far from your "caused by power source" diagnoses. This shoud be easily figured out by turning off breakers (all the power) except to the breaker the camera is on until the interference goes away.

Your problem may also be magnetic. A speaker near the cable could cause interference as well.

Your coax may also be run near high voltage power lines or a florescent light. GIT100 from Pelco will slove this problem. PM me for any additional info.

If you have tested the point a to point b overground with another cable, then it is probably not a ground loop problem.

I had a similar problem recently (coax was run close to a high voltage electricity line). We got horizontal lines on the picture. I used a high frequency interference blocker which solved the problem. Transmitter and receiver, transmitter needs 12V power. Cost about €100 from cop security in UK.

Last resort would be to run a CAT5 instead of coax and put passive baluns on either end, they are generally good on all interference.

do you get a black rolling lines going from bottom to top?

or do you have horizontal lines that are pretty much consistent on your video?

issue number 1. ground loop

issue number 2. interferance